cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No fibre connection - Please help!

Danniiw001
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hoping someone can help as I am at the end of my tether.

A brief rundown of my issues.

Cityfibre installed fibre 23rd May.

No fibre connection at all, old broadband line still working for 3 days.

Spoke to multiple agents - told hadn't been activated so they would activate. Still no luck.

Further agent ran tests and managed to get the fibre connected for 24hours - speeds as expected.

No fibre connection after this time. 

Engineer comes, checks all connections, changes to a brand new router and cable and still same issue.

All 4 green lights showing on the black fibre box on wall.

Further phone calls and told today that the order management team hasn't finalised activating the account even though it has been 10 days. Told to just 'wait it out'. I honestly don't know what else I can do. I have spoken to well over 12 agents, various different departments including the fttp team and no one has fixed my issue. Husband and I both wfh and we are 10 days without a connection now and no end in sight.

Please help!

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Morning,

I'm glad to hear that this has now been resolved. I'm sorry that this took so long and that it wasn't resolved in the first instance for you.

Thanks

Danniiw001
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 17

Just to confirm that after 3 weeks, 20 agents, 1 engineer visit, 2 different routers and 1 formal complaint this has now been resolved. Apparently it was due to a 'misconfiguration' setting which had been missed off but has now been fixed. Thanks all

Message 4 of 17

Ok 🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hello,

If you would like us to look into your connection for you then please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to take a look.

Thanks

TerranceKnudsen
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 17

Have you resolved it?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hello,

The team have advised that they will be making contact with you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. I've escalated this over to our Faults Escalation Team and will let you know as soon as we receive an update back. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi Chris,

There isn't a label on the router but I believe it is the wifi hub 5364. I have now been sent a brand new router that I was told would 'definitely' fix the issue but this has made absolutely no difference. I have an open complaint so I will have to contact them yet again as still no fibre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

could you just take a look at the label on the router and let me know what the model number is

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Chris,

It is the standard wifi hub. Just to confirm as well that the engineer tested with a brand new router and still the same issue.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

OK thanks, which router do you have?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Yes Chris, still without service. Coming up to 2 weeks tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Danniiw001,

Just to confirm, do you still have no service?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Thank you, much appreciated.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Staff will be back on Monday, @Danniiw001. Am making sure that this is in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes