cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No router

LinaC
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

Hi, we need to get a router tonight as fibre was installed but router hadn't arrived. We have opened a complaint but what we need is a router delivered tonight. We are told the distribution centre is near us so should only take a couple of hours if that. Can someone to look into it for us, please. 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi LinaC,

Yes, as Gliwmaeden2 has said, you just need to discuss this with your Complaints manager when you speak to them, you can discuss any concerns you have with them.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

@LinaC 

Which make /model of router do you have presently?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Just keep following up using Chat / phone on the usual contact numbers, @LinaC or the link you were given earlier in the thread.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

You need to quote your complaints reference number to follow up.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

LinaC
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 20

Thanks Chris, the complaint that was open was quite a frustrated one communicated on the phone as we were trying to resolve the issue on the day. We don't know how exactly it was written down by the complaint officer. Now that the router still hasn't arrived, we would like to review it and add to it. How do we do that, please? We have a complaint number. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi LinaC,

If you already have an open complaint then you don't need to open another one.

Chris

0 Likes

LinaC
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 20

Thank you both Debbie and Michelle. As far as we are concerned, the router was ordered on 13th of September which is more than 24 hours. It's Talktalk's problem that it had not been ordered then and only ordered after we enquired as to why it hadn't arrived yet. Furthermore, if it is possible to connect to the existing router why did we not receive the support to talk us and the BT engineer through that. It is for these reasons that we would like this investigated. 

Can you tell us the next steps as we have already registered a complaint. Do we need to raise another one in addition to this?

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi,

We ask for the make and model of router as the original router should be able to connect on FTTP directly at the ONT box. I can see that my colleague Debbie has included our Complaints Procedure in her post below.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

LinaC
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 20

Just seen your last message, Debbie. It's just a router not a hub. Never heard of a hub and I am on the way to the office now as can't work from home so unable to check the model etc. Also, we were on the phone to the technical team yesterday so would have thought they would have asked us about the hub/router...they didn't. 

Please proceed with the complaint procedure. Thank you

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi LinaC

As advised it usually takes 24-48hrs to arrive.

Raising a complaint

0 Likes

LinaC
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 20

Hello,

The router didn't arrive yesterday. We would like to escalate our complaint further with a purpose of investigating what went wrong and obtaining adequate compensation.

Please let us know the next steps.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi LinaC

Which router is it? If it's a wifi hub then it should work ok. What is the make and model please?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

LinaC
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 20

Our old router is not compatible with the new fibre, we've been told. It's plugged in but not working, unfortunately. Is there any update, please? 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi LinaC

Do you have the Sagemcom WIFI hub? (or the previous router you had)

0 Likes

LinaC
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 20

Unfortunately, getting the router tomorrow is unacceptableto us. Is there a way you can speak to the Warehouse team to request an urgent delivery? This is an upgrade to fibre. If not, we would like our complaint escalated to the next level as if a router arrives tomorrow, we are not happy with the service and would like an investigation carried out as to what went wrong. Although still hoping for a delivery today. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi LinaC

I can't send the router by tonight I'm really sorry. It goes to our Warehouse Team and then the courier.

Was this an upgrade (existing customer) or a new customer installation?

0 Likes

LinaC
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 20

Thanks, Debbie. As I said, we don't find it acceptable given that the router was meant to have been ordered on 13 September. The distribution centre is only a couple of hours from where we live in bad traffic and quicker in good traffic. We expect you to be able to send a courier out now to arrive by tonight, please. Can you do that for us to mitigate the mishap? Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi @LinaC 

I can see that the router order has already been placed and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

I'm really sorry but I can't arrange for this to be delivered today. This will be delivered by a courier and you should also receive a text message with the delivery notification.

Was this an upgrade to full fibre or a new installation?

0 Likes

LinaC
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 20

Done, thank you. The only solution that would work for us please is getting the router delivered today, Wednesday 9 October. Thank you!

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Hi LinaC

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk account number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes