cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

ONT issue

ilhaamwil
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Good day

I urgently need assistance with my internet connection.

I am experiencing the same issue I’ve seen on multiple posts now, my eero device connects to my phone’s Bluetooth and then fails the next step as it says it cannot connect to the internet.

I’ve chatted to multiple TalkTalk agents, and eventually a technician was sent out as well - however the issue has not been resolved. While the agent was here we managed to call TalkTalk who said my line is up and running and they cannot find any faults, similarly the agent reached out to his OpenReach team who said the modem/fibre box reflects 3 green solid lights which means it’s working correctly.  They ran out of solutions as they could not figure out the issue and suggested to try another Eero device which has now been ordered but will only be delivered at the latter end of next week, and I have to survive until then with absolutely no internet connection - and I am convinced it will not resolve the issue. I have read multiple posts of people in the exact same situation who have confirmed that the new eero device did not resolve anything.

I have tried connecting my laptop directly into the fibre box, and no connection is found - this lead myself and the technician to the conclusion that the problem lies with the fibre box, however Openreach kept saying it seems to be running appropriately however they are not picking up any connection to the eero on their end.

I have now come across some posts stating the solution was for the technician to force something through the ONT in order to establish the connection to the eero (I

determined as much already in though feedback on here and running the ipconfig etc whilst plugged directly into the ONT).

Please could somebody kindly assist by sending a technician out ASAP?? I honestly don’t think I’ll be able to keep my job if this issue persists, as I work from home but have not been able to complete my daily tasks because of this. I am on the verge of cancelling my TalkTalk services as I now have to wait basically a week for the new Eero device which I know won’t work - I might as well get another service provider during that time.

My last hope is to kindly request another engineer as I believe this issue could so easily be resolved.

@KeithFrench could you kindly put me in contact with someone who can assist.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi ilhaamwil,

I'm not sure what you mean by the same ONT issue, all you can really tell the engineer is that you have no internet connection either via the eero or with a device connected directly to the ONT. The engineer should then be able to investigate. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

ilhaamwil
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I’ve logged this query over the weekend, please assist.

i know it’s the same ONT issue experienced by others, how do I explain the issue to the engineer when he gets here? As you would have sealed with this issue multiple times I think you would be best to describe it 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

That is no problem, as I said you can contact customer services if you want. Either way, the TalkTalk forum staff on this forum will contact you to see if you still need help after the weekend.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Ahh okay?

so I won’t receive any response until Monday? I will try another route 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

No problem.

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes