cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Possible Upgrade to Full Fibre

icesteelman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 44

Looking to upgrade from Fibre 65 to (Full) Fibre 150 before having some landscaping work done on our front garden (including widening the driveway) but have a few questions / concerns:-

1. Price - in my account the upgrade offer is 18 months at £36 / month but I see that new customers can get this for £32 / month (all be it with a £9.95 one off charge). Will have to call them to haggle I guess......

2. I know that Open Reach will need to extend the trunking / cabling along our road from next door since they had FF installed recently and the existing trunking under the pavement needed upgrading. How long will this likely take from ordering?

3. Do you get a site visit before installation for a survey to ensure that the new full fibre cable / trunking can be installed through your garden, paths, etc. to the house entry point required?

4. I also use three or four of the ethernet ports on my existing router for printers, Hive Hub, Home Plugs, etc. and so I am guessing I'll need a Switch as the Eero 6 Router only has 2 ethernet ports?

I'll likely have other questions at some point but acceptable answers to these might tip me to placing an order !

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 41 of 44

If you are keen on the idea of a mesh system then bear in mind that any additional eero units will cost you extra. The lack of ethernet ports is though easily surmountable in the way you suggest. I am pretty confident that TalkTalk can offer you a better deal than headline prices if you get in touch directly to discuss, tiresome though that can be. Keep us posted on how things go.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 44

Hi #Ferguson

Thanks for the quick responses, will likely take a deep breath and try to talk to someone at TalkTalk soon to hopefully place an order !

I'm not familiar with the Hub 2 (but guessing its similar to my existing TalkTalk Sagem Hub?) but was attracted to the Eero 6 being Mesh as I am currently using an old TalkTalk router in our kitchen as wi-fi hot spot using home plugs. If I decide to upgrade I'll likely end up changing more hardware (and spending more money) to keep good wi-fi coverage.

Cheers

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 44

Briefly:

1. Yes.

2. It depends. As and when you order you should be advised of a likely install date.

3. Probably, from what you have described.

4. Yes. Unless you opt for the four port Hub 2. 

0 Likes