cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Problem Changing Wi-Fi Name & Password

Cormorant71
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I did this once before with no problems. This time, despite following the instructions I just get the message “password does not match Wi-Fi name”. I have tried three times to do this. The Wi-Fi name is changed without a hitch, but not the password ! Then I have to reset the router each time to access the internet to have another attempt 😩😩.
Can someone suggest a solution please, as I soon won’t have any hair left to tear out !!!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi @Cormorant71 sorry, that's not unusual😀. (table ) and (table) look the same but the first has a trailing space. If you see what I mean. Don't worry the experts here will get you sorted. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Cormorant71 

Which make/model of router do you have, if it is a Sagemcom, then this is always best done from the Advanced mode. It has to be done twice, once in the 2.4GHz band & once in the 5GHz band settings.

2.4GHz:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz gear icon > Basic

5Ghz:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 5Ghz gear icon > Basic

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Divsec

Apologies but I have no idea as to what you’re talking about 😩.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Many thanks Debbie. I’m going to try again and see if that’s successful and if not I’ll get back in touch.

Kind regards.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Cormorant71

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Cormorant71 your post has been escalated but have you checked for leading and trailing spaces? They creep in when cutting and pasting. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes