cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Adding wifi printer to home network

Tennyman
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

We have just had full fibre and an Amazon eero router fitted plus a voice adapter - phone, computers and internet working fine but can not seem to connect printer to the computers by wifi. can someone explain the method in simple terms, please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Morning,

Thanks for confirming and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

You're very welcome.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi, Many thanks for your answer. I eventually realised that when my printer was saying WLAN rather than the expected Wifi it was meaning the same - but it really isn't. Anyway I have successfully connected it to one laptop - now later to see if it is connected to my wife's also!

Thank again Keith

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

As Keith says, you select the eero network at the printer interface so the printer knows which network it needs to connect to and then if there's an issue connecting to the eero 2.4GHz network it can help by temporarily disabling the eero 5GHz network which is what my advice is.

Here's more advice from eero Support on connecting a printer.

In practice I've found the eero to be easy to use and when I last changed my printer setup from a secondary router on my network to the eero all I did was select the eero network at the printer and the connection was made. Very easy.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

You have not said which make/model of printer you have & which connection method you are trying to use. I do not think that the Eero router supports WPS (is that correct @Gondola), so you may have to manually select your WiFi network on the printer and enter its password from there as well. Please see your printer's documentation.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

You may need to temporarily disable the 5GHZ network.

• On the eero app select the Settings tab
  • Select Troubleshooting
  • Select My device won't connect
  • Select My device is 2.4GHz only
  • Select the blue button Temporarily pause 5GHz

There's also advice from the eero Support Hub in the guide below about using legacy mode.

The eero Support Hub is your go-to resource for information, guides and Community support

Select here:
eero Support Hub

eero 6 and eero Pro 6 Help

eero - Problems connecting a device?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes