cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Sagecom FAST 5464-2 T4 as wifi extender

PeterR7
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

On renewing my contract I was issued with an eero, but the wifi signal is very poor. I would like to use my otherwise surplus 5464 as an extender. I know I must turn off DCHP and how to do that. But I also understand I must give the 5464 a static IP address outside the range used by the eero. The eero app does not tell me that range. I also understand I need to connect an ethernet cable from the eero domestic network to one of the 4 yellow ethernet ports on the 5464. I'm feeling my way across territory I do not know. Please will somebody tell me exactly how to set up the 5464.

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

The customer is apparently reconsidering his options in light of my advice.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

This is not the best way to extend an eero network, another eero is the best way.

However, in answer to your questions then you can view the eero's DHCP address pool in the app, just go to:-

Tap Settings in the bottom menu, then use the DHCP & NAT option to access IP details. Then look at the Lease Range at the bottom of the page.

Now here in lies a problem, the eero uses something called "Supernetting" I don't have any idea if the 5464 supports this, as I have never tested it. This could prevent you from configuring the 5464 to be on the same IP network as the eero. I would therefore recommend changing the eero's IP address to 192.168.1.1/24.

Now disable the DHCP server on the 5464.

This can be a bit involved, but if you have another eero, you won't have to bother with any of this. If you want to go down this route, let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes