cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Solid Red LOS light ONT no internet

Rockett
Participant
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

On the 31st of March at 8:40 according to the eero app our internet went down. We contacted talktalk via live chat and they reported a fault and said they were sending out an engineer to the exchange, they said we would get a response within 24hours saying whether we would need an engineer to come to the premises.

It has been 3 days now and nothing, no progress has been made and we are still waiting on an engineer to sort out our broadband.ONT Solid red lightONT Solid red light

We've tried all the solutions support has recommended to us like unplugging everything and turning it off and on again, waiting 30 mins to turn it back on the ONT etc... we are certain we need someone to come take a look and fix the fault.

We are currently undergoing roadworks near the connections box on our street which may or may not be the reason why our line appears to be disconnected or something. As you can see the green box is right next to the roadworks.Green street connections boxGreen street connections box

We would love to get someone round to fix our internet if possible please.

23 REPLIES 23

Rockett
Participant
Private Message
Message 21 of 24

This is an update on the situation. Thanks for sending the engineer out. He found the roadworks putting in new gas pipes cut the cable going to our cabinet, so everyone connected by the cabinet do not have broadband. (Our neighbourhood is offline basicly)

We were not able to get a date on when the work shall commence to fix our cabinets connection.

Could i trouble you guys for any information on when work will start from open reach to replace the cable(s)?

Quite unlucky timing with bank holiday Monday.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 24

Hi Rockett,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

Rockett
Participant
Private Message
Message 23 of 24

This is an update post, So things have progressed in the fault tracker. I now need to book an engineer to come and visit. I have tried to do it through the website but and given an error message reading as follows:

"We’ve run into a problem

Sorry, we’re working hard to resolve this issue.

Please try again later."

with the option to use live chat, so I did just that and was told this:

Jhirly|15:15 PM

"I see that this issue is already been reported to our Openreach engineer and they provide an update wherein they are still doing the investigation on what happen to your service, and they will arrange an appointment for the engineer visit and they will review it on 5th of March 2023."

Am I stuck waiting till the 5th for things to progress?

0 Likes