cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

TT

AliMT
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Had fibre installed over 2 months ago.  It was problematic from day one. Ghost missed calls on caller display. Lose internet frequently. Cannot change password on router, says username and password not recognised, also admin website not secure. Cannot connect printer. Have complained by email, phone and web chat numerous times. I am getting nowhere. TT sent another router and ethernet cable which doesn't help. I requested an open reach visit and a deadlock letter. They haven't sent either. I did a connection test which shows a red triangle says service unavailable, yet agents do the test and say it is fine. What else can I do? I am paying for an insecure service.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

OK thanks. When did you last have ghost calls?

So you are unable to log into the routers UI (user interface - settings)?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

20231201_041147.jpg

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10
  • 20231115_090841.jpg

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

@AliMT, re navigating the website, in your profile area, you'll see that there's an ACTIVITY tab. 

If you click on that, you'll be able to see the latest replies on any topics that you have contributed to and access the thread again from there.

Hope that helps you find your way around the forum. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Done reset numerous times. Getting nowhere with customer services. They just transfer me from one agent to another. Fed up of repeating myself. Do they not read previous?

AliMT

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Connection variable. Loses signal several times a day on laptop and mobile. Am on autoconnect yet have to go into flight mode and reconnect. Get web page unavailable so reset router with pin sometimes solves it. I wish I had never agreed to fibre.

AliMT

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Finally found you, don't know how. This site is not straightforward.

Yes, still have ghost calls. Router admin insecure, cannot change router password, username and password not recognised. Same with replacement router. Qube came yesterday with another router. I was not happy as they had not confirmed this apt, given over phone last week, no way of contacting them to change it. I know my connection is not secure. Chats online with agents are the most farcical, go on for hours. You should look at them if you can. TT won't send a deadlock letter or open reach engineer to check the ont connection.

This is the third time my service has been meddled with, going on for weeks, driving me mad with frustration. 

AliMT

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi AliMT

Is your internet connection not working at the moment, everything looks OK from our end?

Are you still getting ghost calls?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

What make/model of router do you have? I assume the Hub 2 Sagemcom FAST 5464. The connection to it to manage the router will always be NOT private, as it uses HTTP & not HTTPS. Have you tried a factory reset of the router via the reset button on the rear panel?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes