cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

TalkTalk's free installation of Cityfibre, is the installation locked to TalkTalk supplied routers

itsmeacalling
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi i have just read an article about TalkTalk's free installation of Cityfibre. Mine was installed about three weeks ago. The article says the installation is locked somehow so that it will only work with a TalkTalk Routers.  This would mean if you wished to change to another ISP the new ISP Router will not work. Is this true?

Any advice is welcome

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hello,

Are you trying to use your own/a 3rd party router?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

In line with the advice from @Gliwmaeden2 you can use your own compatible router with TalkTalk via CityFibre. It is just that if you have a TalkTalk supplied eero, you can't use that with any other ISP.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Just had a chat with TalkTalk and they say CityFibre installations done via TalkTalk are not locked, meaning if you decide to leave TalkTalk there will be problems using a different ISP router. Well I may soon find out.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

I think it's more that the Talktalk router / Eero is locked to Talktalk, so you can't keep using it when you switch.

For clarification, speak to Talktalk:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes