cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

The day before Fibre arrives....

furrybloke
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Well here we are, the day before installation of our Fibre 900 and no sign of any notification from the delivery company that the EERO router is on its way. I wonder, will it arrive tomorrow morning when Openreach are here? Or will they bring it with them? I've been told by TalkTalk both on the phone and by email that the router is on its way, but so far nowt.

Should be an interesting day tomorrow, and hopefully not a frustrating one with the Fibre connection in place but no router to provide us with internet. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Morning,

I've just posted on your other topic 🙂

Michelle

Message 2 of 11

Hi Michelle

Box arrived yesterday, thanks.

Disappointed to find that unlike our old box its a streaming hub only, so no facility to record. It was suggested elsewhere that to enable recording I could link the old box to the hub, but I'm not sure I can be bothered with all those cables. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Morning,

No problem and thanks for the update. If it doesn't arrive by Monday then please let us know and we can look into this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Michelle

Sorry, I should have posted an update yesterday.

The Openreach engineer arrived at about 815am and we had our fibre connection up and running by just after 10am. A straightforward installation apart from some confusion as to which underground junction box the cable should be connected to, but that was resolved. There was no need for any excavation outside the property: the engineer was able to feed the cables through underground conduit to the junction box without disturbing the ground. 

All working fine--a bit slower than I expected, but presumably the speeds we're getting will increase. We haven't yet received our TV box, so I called TalkTalk customer services yesterday, they checked and said it would be posted to us within 3 working days. If it doesn't arrive I may need to ask you to chase that up also. 

Thanks again to all who provided advice and guidance prior to our installation. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Good morning,

Thanks for confirming and we'll check back in with you tomorrow to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Thanks for the suggestion, Keith.

As stated above ( or maybe below) the EERO router arrived this afternoon, so all is well. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Chris, it arrived this afternoon, thanks. I received the Yodel notification whilst we were out, and arranged for the parcel to be delivered to a neighbour. Made no difference because the driver left it by the back gate, but the main thing is that it's here and we're ready for Full Fibre. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi furrybloke,

The eero has been dispatched and is currently with the courier, so you should receive it today or tomorrow

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Do you have an older router that you might be able to use until your Eero shows up, the Sagemcom FAST5364 would be perfect.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes