cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Trouble logging in to Eon Account

Seppen
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

A few weeks ago I tried to log into my Eon Energy account to give a meter reading. It wouldn't let me log in, nor would it let me reset my password. After a couple of days discussing this with Eon support I tried it on my phone with the wireless turned off. It worked first time.

So, I explored further. After a while I discovered it was the 'Homesafe' settings. If I turned off scam protection it worked, but wouldn't work with this turned off. I'm good at avoiding scams anyway, so I was OK with turning this off.

Until yesterday, when I tried to submit another meter reading. Again it wouldn';t let me log in or reset my password. I've had a check and no changes to settings work, but using my phone with wifi turned off works.

It's only this one website so far, I've not seen this with any others, but it's inconvenient at best. Has anyone else come across this and have any work-arounds?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Seppen

If you don't have a spare router then please let me know and I can send one for testing.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

The scam protection and virus alerts parts of HomeSafe were switched on. I've switched them both off again and retried. Still won't work. I'll switch them on in half an hour or so and retry. I might have a different router lying around to try, not sure. I'd have to look through several boxes of old computer stuff to check. I can't switch router right now anyway, I'm supposed to be working so need my internet connection switched on for now. I'll maybe try later on if I have time. I'll reset the router again this evening at least.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Seppen

Thanks for your reply.

Could you try switching HomeSafe back on one more time and then after 30 minutes switch it back off again?

Have you tested with a different router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

I've tested this with and without HomeSafe switched on. Initially, switching off HomeSafe fixed the problem but it no longer does.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Seppen

Just to confirm, has HomeSafe been switched on in My Account?

Has it been switched on and then back off again?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

OK, this is still ongoing. I reset the router, turned it off entirely while I was out for the day, switched it back on when I returned. It worked, I could log into the website. But then the next time I needed to log in to the same website the problem re-occurred. I needed to reset the router again. It works once then fails, so something is sticking in the router blocking this every single time.

And the problem is getting more widespread. I now have exactly the same problem on MoneySavingExpert.com. Won't let me log in unless I reset the router first, although it works fine on my phone through 4G or 5G.

There is something TalkTalk is doing with their anti-phishing stuff, or browsing protection stuff, that's interacting badly with something on these websites. I suspect that they are updating their security to more modern types, 2-factor and stuff, and something in how they are doing this doesn't play nicely with TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi,

Ok, I'd recommend trying the 30 minute router power down when it's next convenient as this will reset the current session and can sometimes help. If there is no change following this then please let us know.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

I don't think the router has been switched off since it was installed to be honest. I'm mostly trying to log into the Eon website using my desktop, but the app on my phone has exactly the same problem, as does the website on my phone, although both work through 4G on my phone. I had a conversation with Eon support about this a few weeks ago. Their support person reset my password for me and sent it to me, but I still couldn't log in. It's at this point that I thought to try my phone through 4G. I need my router switched on for now because I'm supposed to be working, but I'll try turning it off later when I don't need the connection.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. Have you recently tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retested again as this will clear the current session? Are you trying to log into an App or a website?

Thanks

0 Likes

Seppen
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 13

Yes, that's what I mean. I can't get it to log in at all now, or reset my password. Eon website just raises an unstated error every time. If I use my mobile phone it works with wifi switched off so it's using 4G, but won't work through my TalkTalk connection.

The error message my web development tools are showing is as follows:

Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://api.eonnext-kraken.energy/v1/graphql/. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing). Status code: 403

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Just to confirm, do you mean that it worked when HomeSafe was switched off but now no longer works even when HomeSafe is off?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

I submit my readings to E.ON Next, and no problems at all, on wi-fi on my smartphone, @Seppen.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes