cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Upgrade From Fibre 65 To Full Fibre 500 Made no Difference

Aaron4199
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I've had FF 500 installed for one week now and the speed showed erratic increases in download speed, upto 220mbs. Over the last 4 days the download speed is now, on average, 39mbs which is about the same as Fibre 65 was giving me. I was told that I would see hefty improvements within a few day and full full could be expected within 10 to 15 days.

I was told by a Talktalk agent that it's the speed to my phone which is the value I should measure and not the speed to my PC. The speed to my phone is 512mbs with upload reaching 73mbs. Problem is I don't work on my phone. It's my Android phone which has the eero app installed.

My question is... Why can't the eero device deliver the same speed to my PC as it does to the phone?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi Aaron,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

rushy7
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

i had the same problem,it yout wi fi card in you pc i would think ,thats what my problem was ,got a wifi card and it was fine

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi Aaron,

If you still need assistance can you please answer Keith's questions and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

If you check the speed within the Eero app, what figures does it give you? By the sounds of it, I think you mean that it is OK there. I can help a lot with the speed to the PC. How does this connect to the router, over a wired (Ethernet) connection or a wireless one? If wireless, what WiFi adapter (WiFi card) is in the PC?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes