cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Upgrading from fibre35 to fibre 65 with city fibre ( full fibre)

Speculoos22
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Can anyone advise was told new router would be sent to me but received a cable ! 
phoned talk talk who were not aware that this was sent out. They say City Fibre will bring new router ? I have my doubts about this ? Can anyone clarify? 
thank you.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @Speculoos22 

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Not knowing what router you have currently, if it is really as old as you said, then it will not work connected to the full fibre termination point (ONT).

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Morning,

Just to confirm, do you currently have a wifi hub at the moment?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

You just might be able to limp along on the old router, @Speculoos22, is all that it means, but sounds unlikely if it is that old!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

So sorry replied to wrong link ! Have old router (20 years) was told will get digital voice for home phones.

Am not very good with technical jargon ! What the gap stuff you are referring to ?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

Just in case, which router do you have currently and have you ordered Digital Voice? You maybe able to use your old router as a stop gap.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Speculoos22
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Thank you for that hopefully all will be in order on the day !

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

I don't know about the cable, but yes it is quite normal for the CF installation team to bring the router with them, at least that is what happened with me. That should include an Ethernet cable to connect between the WAN port of the router & the ONT.

Keith

0 Likes