cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Upgrading to Full Fibre 150

an1sa_k
Problem Solver
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

It's been a while since i've been on the community, and it feels good to be back.

This is just a general post.

I've been on Full Fibre 65 with my old landline package also attached since the free upgrade to the CityFibre network a couple of years ago. Today, I've taken the plunge to upgrade to Fibre 150 Data Only, and removing the landline account (which we haven't used for many years anyway). It feels good not having to need an engineer for this upgrade, and I've been told by the Live Chat advisor that the speed increase will happen automatically on a specified day (16/07/2024). I'll also be receiving an Eero 6 router, which I probably won't use, as I already have my own Eero network up and running already. I did ask the advisor if this could be left out, but they said this wasn't an option and is part of the package. 

My old package is due to be disconnected on 22/07/2024, so let's see how smoothly that goes also.

I'll post back in a couple of days to update you all on how seamless this speed increase goes, or any issues that arise, just for future TalkTalk community reference. 

Anisa Khalifa
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi an1sa_k,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've decided to leave but I hope all goes well with your new provider

Chris

an1sa_k
Problem Solver
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 20

After 12 years of being a TalkTalk customer (from ADSL, FTTC to FTTP), it's time to leave. The upgrade issues meant that my account had been completely ceased, and I'd have to be put back on to FTTC and then upgraded to CityFibre FTTP on a brand new service which just seemed like a hassle, especially considering the old Openreach master socket was located in a completely different room to the new FTTP connection, which we'd considered during redecoration. 

It's been a good run, but sadly, it's also time for a change. Thank you to the community team for all the help and support you've provided. 

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi an1sa_k

It may be worth speaking to our Loyalty team, they may be able to help

Chris

0 Likes

an1sa_k
Problem Solver
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 20

**update**

The account has been completely ceased, which means a whole new order would need to be placed. I'm wondering if this means I could switch to another ISP at this point?

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

an1sa_k
Problem Solver
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 20

**Update**

Currently on call with TalkTalk. The customer service advisor is super nice, and she's doing all she can to help 🙂

Considering this is the first time I've called TalkTalk in a while, it's been a pleasure 🙂

Nothing is resolved yet, but I'll update this post as I go on.

Anisa Khalifa

Message 6 of 20

@Debbie-TalkTalk 

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a WiFi hub that can be plugged into the Openreach socket 😞 

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi @an1sa_k 

Just before we escalate this over, could you try connecting the router back at the openreach socket please to see if you have a dial tone/broadband connection there please?

Thanks

0 Likes

an1sa_k
Problem Solver
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 20

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I've contacted the Loyalty team who keep transferring me from the Account team to the Technical support team, and I've got no answers so far. I've gone in circles for the past hour. 

Would you be able to get this escalated to the correct team?

Kind regards,

AK

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi @an1sa_k 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you contact our Loyalty Team this morning so they can look into this further.

Message 10 of 20

So, it's 22/07/2024. The day my old Openreach landline service is due to be disconnected. 

I've woken up to my full fibre line not connected to the internet instead 😳 

Does this mean my live service has been disconnected?

However, it may just be that my line is down? (which i'm hoping! I can't deal with any issues like disconnection/reconnection).

I'm now using my personal hotspot, and it seems like the TalkTalk website has been slow to respond today. My Account shows all package details, and mentions nothing about any disconnection. I've had no email updates. The TalkTalk service status can't run a line health check, so there's no simple solution to finding out what is happening other than contacting TalkTalk. I'm wishing myself a lot of luck here 😭

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi an1sa_k

Thanks for the Private Message.

It does show active for FTTP. I would still suggest contacting our Loyalty Team just so they they can check everything with the old package etc.

Debbie

Message 12 of 20

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I've sent you the direct message 🙂

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi @an1sa_k 

Could you please send me a Private Message to confirm your account number?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 14 of 20

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Is needing to contact the Loyalty Team still necessary as My Account has updated to show my new package. I'm receiving speeds of around 100+mbps (hoping it'll stabilise to a higher speed soon) also. It seems as though the order has progressed as expected? 

The only hope now is that the old package gets cancelled as originally planned with no hiccups. I don't want to be charged for 2 different packages 👀

Kind regards,

AK

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

HI @an1sa_k 

I'm really sorry about this, there appears to be an issue with the order placed.

Please can you contact our Loyalty Team ASAP as they will need to cancel the cancellation (of old/current service) and place the order again for FTTP.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi @an1sa_k 

I'm just checking with our order management team just to make sure everything is progressing ok.

I will post back shortly.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Thank you @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Nothing seems to have happened as of yet, but I'm not fussed for now as long as we have a working internet connection. I'll wait to see if anything changes by tomorrow, and will chase here if nothing changes. 

My account shows nothing in regards to the new package, but I'm guessing it takes a while for My Account to update. It's no longer showing my package details on the landline account that was attached to the Full Fibre 65 - Data Only part of my account, so I'm guessing something is happening in the background.

Kind regards,

AK.

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Morning @an1sa_k 

Welcome back 🙂

I will check back in with you on Wednesday to see how you are getting on.

Debbie 🙂

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

Hi @an1sa_k good luck with the upgrade, I'm sure it will go well.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.