cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Using your own Grandstream ATA

PaulJo
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hello everyone

Just wondering if anyone has managed to configure their own Grandstream HT801 or other ATA and is willing to share what they had to do to get it working?

I have factory reset the unit and left it directly connected to the Fibre Connection Box for several hours in the hope that it will download any configuration but no joy (It is getting a DHCP IP Address from the Router)

I can get a dial tone but am unable to make or receive calls.  If I take the ATA out of the equation and plug the phone directly into the WiFi Hub 2 it works fine.

Any help appreciated, thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi PaulJo,

As advised, the use of 3rd party equipment isn't supported, apologies for any inconvenience.

Chris

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Hi @PaulJo 

I think you already know the answer. An off the shelf Grandstream or other non-TalkTalk supplied ATA is not supported for TalkTalk Digital Voice (VOIP).

Good to know that TalkTalk Digital Voice (VOIP) is working as expected. i.e. with your 'phone handset plugged in to the Phone port of the Hub 2. 

A TalkTalk supplied ATA and the Hub 2 'phone port are pre-configured for TalkTalk Digital Voice (VOIP). Your own ATA requires configuring and it's the configuration details that you're asking for. TalkTalk have not published the required configuration and I believe do not supply these details to ensure the team have to deal only with TalkTalk supplied and updated hardware. It's a policy decision not to support third party hardware that TalkTalk have no control of.

If you port the number to a third party VOIP provider then that provider will, if they support a retail Grandstream HT801, provide the configuration details.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 8

Thank you very much.

I don't necessarily need to know what the SIP settings are if TT are willing to push them out to my device and as I understand it - once settings are pushed out to an ATA it is locked down so I can't see what has been setup anyway.

Thanks

Paul.

Message 4 of 8

Hi @PaulJo I've done a bit more routing around and found an old thread where a user requested sip details, effectively your request.

Unfortunately the support team were obliged to refuse to supply them citing company policy. The thread terminated after this statement and I cannot tell how the Op resolved his issue. 

I don't know if this position has changed since then, so look forward to hearing tomorrow. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 5 of 8

Hi @PaulJo thanks for coming back, I've reached the end of my knowledge (didn't take long did it? ) but your post has been escalated and you should hear tomorrow from the TT team who will help. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hello and thanks for replying.

If I connect the ATA directly to the Router (Talk Talk Wifi-Hub 2) it acts in exactly the same way.  That is, I get a dial tone but can't make or receive calls.  If I make a call I get a fast broken tone and not the normal ringing tone.

If I look at the Router Dashboard it shows a Green tick and says that my phone is connected.

Also in the Grandstream config there is no Primary or Secondary SIP Server set and presumably that should be in there.

Thanks

Paul.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi @PaulJo what happens when you connect the ata to the router? 

0 Likes