cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

VOIP

Bloodrayne
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I am about to change to FF150 and am unsure about the phone side of things. I have a Grandstream and am pretty sure I can manage the setup. My question is who pays for the calls? Are they included in the contract or do I have to sign up with a voip provider? Asked Customer Services twice with no definite answer. As TT are no longer renting out landlines, you would think someone would know - or am I just being naive (or thick)

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hello,

The engineer wouldn't provide a new telephone handset. If a VOIP service has been requested then you would either receive an eero with a digital voice adapter or a Wifi Hub 2. The phone would then connect to the voice port on the Wifi Hub or connect to the digital voice adapter.

Thanks

Message 2 of 5

Hi Chris

Thanks for this link, explained a lot. I'm just trying to get my 81 year old Mum a better deal (I'm a nominated user) Will the engineer who comes to connect up the fibre also provide a new telephone? Or can she use the phone she's already got? I'm just trying to keep it as easy as possible for her, at her age it's hard to transition into something new!

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Bloodrayne,

There is also some information about digital voice here - Digital Voice | What is Digital Voice | TalkTalk

Chris

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

If the calls are handled by TT they are the same costs as on copper or so I have been told.

As far as I know you can also buy the telephone bundle addons.

The Grandstream will auto configure to TT if TT supplied it, if not you cannot configure it on TT as they will not release the VOIP settings for non TT VOIP devices.

I see no reason not to be able to use a 3rd party VOIP service, but depends whether TT will release your number if you want to keep it.

0 Likes