cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Wifi issues

Thomashanlom
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hello, my wife and I moved into a house where the previous owner carried out IT work for a charity. There are 3 tp links access point to boost signal.

We have full fibre broadband with Talktalk (we took over contract). 

We noticed the other day that my wife couldn't connect to the network, nor could my tablet, smart TV or amazon firestick. (My phone has limited connection)

The house has an openreach router which is connected to tp link adaptor and these are connected to net gear switch in a built in cabinet.

There is a TalkTalk eero router connected to the net gear switch and thankfully we can connect to this (same password strangely enough) the signal is still good but not at the same very high standard throughout the house. 

I went though one of this online chat things with Talktalk which wasn't helpful. We have tried switching things off and on again. 

So that is the background.

Should we get a Talktalk engineer out?

Does this sound like something that can be fixed ?

Finally, does anyone know of any any co panies who deal with home network installations and fixes. 

My wife and I are really unsure of how the thing works and would be lost if it completely broke.

All advice and information is greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Thomashanlom

Is everything working ok now or do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hi Thomashanlom

Sorry for the delay.

I can see that @KeithFrench has offered to help. Keith provides great advice on improving wireless performance.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Thomashanlom 

I doubt if TalkTalk themselves can offer much help with all of your third-party kit that you have.

I can normally help with complex WiFi issues, but first I would need more details about your home setup:-

1. What TP-Link access point model numbers do you have?
  2. When you say you have an Openreach router, do you really mean an Openreach ONT connected to the incoming fibre?
  3. You say that the Openreach "device" is connected to a TP-Link adapter, is this one of the same ones in question 1, if not, what model number is this one? Assuming this to be a router, does it have WiFi?
  4. If that is the case in (3), with all of these access points, why do you even need the Eero, or if the TP-Link's do not support current WiFi standards?
  5. A thought for later, what about connecting the Eero to the Openreach & starting from scratch?

Once I understand your setup better, then I think the first thing is to see what the Wi-Fi is like before making any changes such as I have suggested in (5) above. this will involve me sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your network configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@Thomashanlom, you posted a second identical thread (sometimes happens with first posts) so I have moved that out of the way.

To speak to Full Fibre support, you can ring 03451 720074. Not open Sunday,  but should be available on Saturday. 

Staff on the forum are not back before Monday. If you still need help, they will need to identify your account. 

Don't post any personal information details in this thread. Go via your avatar/name; settings; add your Account number in Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes