cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Worst Service Ever

DRAGONONMYBACK
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I do not even know where to begin with my experience with this installation.

I've been with talktalk for along time for broadband and phone and I've never had any issues any slight problems they have been handled very quick and efficiently.

On 19th January I placed an order to upgrade my broadband to full fibre only, I was advised that it should be done with in a few weeks,  I was given a date within 2 weeks for the installation great, but no updates or equipment sent out the installation date came nothing noone turned up, called email nothing!! So I chased up with the online full fibre them and they said the appointment has been cancelled and needs rebooting ok no problem I was given a date 2 weeks later and to my surprise noone turned up AGAIN, I again went online and complained I got an apology and a email dated 2nd March stating noone can come out to do the install until Monday 3rd July, so that is nearly 6 months since my order, but it was guaranteed that it would be done, so got my messages from openreach confirming they was coming and updating me the new equipment is coming and arrived the Friday before installation is due, Sunday had the final text confirming everything great news.

On the Monday 3rd of July NOONE turned up again and my broadband got disconnected at 6pm so I had no Internet or house phone. So I got online via my phone to complain seeing as I've been waiting for 6 months, the adviser at the other end said we'll according to our records its all been INSTALLED and sided off!!!!! What?? How is that possible when noone has even been in my home to drill the hole and install the cables and the new box? This conversion went on for another hour in the end I had to send a picture of my phone plug to prove my poi t, multiable times the staff was telling me the installation has been done.  I lost count the amount of times I explained its not been done and my broadband has been out off too. Then the advisor said they are talking to openreach by this time it was 7.45pm and I've been talking to the live chat for an hour and half the. After another 30 minutes the advisor tells me openreach closes at 6pm so I asked who have they been talking to for the last hour if the closed before I even messaged then. So I've asked can they arrange for my broadband to be reconnected answer as yes we can fo that and then I was told I need to ring another number tomorrow and arrange this O was also told I shpuld ring openreach and find out why they'venot been out today, I again explained my contract is with talktalk and its tpur responsibility to sort this out not me I was then in total disbelief I have to sort out their mistakes and waste my time and I would have an update the next day Tuesday.  

So left it until Tuesday lunchtime I've not heard anything so I'm back on line chat and calling the other team to try and get reconnected, to put this simply I spoke to 7 different people from sales and customer services and repeating myself and noone could under way I've been disconnected if the full fibre has been disconnected but had no idea how to get it reconnected in the end the last lady I spoke to put me on hold for some 20 minutes and cut me off, I was so angry at this stage as i had been on the phone for 90 minutes when I was cut off, however still connected and talking to the online chat the person just repeated everything everything fro. Night before for. It should already been installed and am I sure that it's not been installed at this time I asked to make an official complaint, afte another 20 minutes was transferred to the complaints team again had to explain everything yet again,  the person explained it will take 48 hours to hear back from openreach which took it to Thuraday afternoon  and I would hear from the complaints team ASAP. I also explained that the other broadband team(copperline) team had done nothing and ended up cutting me off(wow)

The person in complaints team said they could see this and had reported the person. To their team leader.( no help to me what so ever!!) So the person confirmed the complaint had been logged and they would get back to me,  no time frame at all advised so I asked and also asked what can be done to reconnect me all I got was that's not my department sorry can't help you.  I can't say how angry I was by this stage!!!

So day 3 with out Internet and I've heard nothing again so I've got onto online chat AGAIN and the advisor just said they still had no update from openreach and that complaints team will come back to me an update later that day(Thursday).

To make things worse I had a text from TalkTalk saying congratulations ypur full fibre is now connected and active!!! Just taking the puiss now!!!!

I've had to buy a mobile dongle and un limited data sim card so we have some kind of Internet at home.  To make it worse talktalk have still taken out the money from my account charging me for a non existence Internet connection.

So here we are Saturday afternoon contact at all.so to date I've been on the phone for 90 minutes and cut off and over 6 hours in online chats.

If the CEO complaints team could help I would live to hear from someone!!!!

P G Milton
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5
0 Likes

DRAGONONMYBACK
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

I've updated my details.

P G Milton
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi DRAGONONMYBACK

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to read of the ongoing problems. 

I can check for an update but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

Sounds like a sorry story indeed. As a fellow customer I can only offer the following for you

1 staff here work normal office hours, Monday to Friday.

2 as it's now an official complaint, staff here cannot get involved in offering solutions, but they may be able to pass on your information.

3 if you can update your profile and include any account numbers or CEO references in the private notes field, it will help staff trace your details. Only you and TalkTalk staff can view this information.

Could you please post back when you have updated.

Thank you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes