cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

hub2 wifi channel keeps changing

nseedy
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Looking Through posts it seems to be because of wifi optimisation.  Can you please turn this off on my router.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi nseedy

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

nseedy
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

It's been nearly 3 weeks now since wifi optimisation was turned off on my router and it has made a huge difference to the reliability of my network.  Not had any issues with cameras going offline and my smart TV is also performing much better.  TV now records when set to do so and the channel lists stays consistent.  Wish this change had been done ages ago.

Message 3 of 8

Hi @nseedy 

I'm so glad to hear this.

I have fed back to our Devices Team in regards to customers having access to do this themselves and this is being looked into.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

nseedy
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Everything seems much better since wifi optimisation was turned off. My cameras are more stable and connect quicker. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Why not enable users to switch this themselves?

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Hi @nseedy 

How's the connection been since the WIFI optimisation was switched off?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi @nseedy 

Thanks for updating your Community Profile 🙂

I've switched the WIFI optimisation off, please let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi nseedy

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then switch off the WIFI optimisation for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes