cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

when will an engineer install my new broadband?

Ollie1015
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I received an email regarding my new contact (Full fibre 900) however It has changed on my account (which still sates full fibre 500) and I haven't received any emails about when an engineer will be sent out to my property. Could I please trouble you with getting me a date for installation as i've currently been left without internet and I was told you would priorities my installation as a returning customer. 

Just to clarify I have a new build property which already has BT openreach fibre optics installed into the property with a fibre optic modem installed and powered up. Therefore I believe all I need is for me to plug my new router (when delivered) to powered up and plugged in? does an engineer still to to be sent for this? 

I'd greatly appreciate any form of update! 

Kind Regards,

Oliver Ruff

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

HI Oliver

Our order management team have advised that this is the earliest date provided by Openreach and there are no earlier dates showing, apologies for this.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Oliver

Apologies for this.

Let me check with the team to see if this can be brought forward.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Debbie,

I was told this would take no longer than 14 days? That will be 22 days since I ordered? 

I was also told that as a priority my activation should be done quicker than the 10-14 day period due to my circumstances? Was this not true? As this is the reason I went with the deal offered to me. 

kind regards 

Oliver Ruff

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Ollie1015

No problem 🙂

The engineers will still need to activate the line (remotely) on 24/07 so it wont work until this date sorry.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

amazing thank you for the update!

Debbie, if I already have an Eero 6 router is there anything stopping me from making the service go live today?

thanks!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi @Ollie1015 

The Go Live date is showing for 24/07/2024, this is a remote activation, no engineer visit is needed.

You should receive the router a few days before the installation date. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Oliver @Ollie1015 

Thank you. I'm just looking at this now and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Debbie

0 Likes

Ollie1015
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10
Hi Debbie,

I have added these details for you, however I can't find an FTTP? 

Thanks

Oliver Ruff

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi Ollie1015

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name, TalkTalk account number and FTTP order number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes