cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full fibre - download speed now saying 5 months!

Bruno2006
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

The Wi-Fi connection is barely making it to 1mb when downloading even though the plan states that there is supposed to be around 152mb instead, the previous plan was able to reach 4mb even though the Wi-Fi plan was worse

The main issue is that download speeds are significantly lower than advertised and we would like to know if there are any ways to solve the issue or if there is anything stopping the Wi-Fi from reaching the speeds it is supposed to reach

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

OK thanks. When you say you are currently sitting at 2 bars what do you mean exactly?

Chris

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 18

Hi Chris 

I have taken it out and put back in but it does look crooked. 
I have now changed this to another Ethernet cable just inside this was the problem ( photo attached) 

nor made any difference. I am currently sitting at two bars. 

IMG_1801.jpegIMG_1802.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi Bruno2006,

Could you just check that the ethernet cable is seated correctly in the ONT as it appears to be at a slightly odd angle in the photo

Chris

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 18

Hi Michelle

i powered off router and ONT for 30 minutes as suggested and it hasn’t made any difference to upload speed. 
in addition the Wi-Fi crashed whilst I was in a teams meeting this morning. I have purchased a TP link Wi-Fi extender this afternoon to allow me to get a better connection to allow me to work.
Iam very disappointed that Iam having to do this.  I have been with Talk Talk for many years and have never had any connection issues.  Recommended Talk Talk to everyone and I have even bragged to friends that I could get a signal in my garden! 
since the city fibre update, this is now a frustrating and annoying problem. 
I really hope you can resolve this 

7bf73c3a-fe6e-467e-8e66-918233bb2d13.jpeg570463ae-0b66-473e-932f-e8a32cccdeca.jpeg698ccae8-1686-4f8f-9589-2acf65ca9f6f.jpegfe51c4c6-e374-44e0-8ee2-3ff93de9c42d.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

No problem, whenever it's next convenient for you 🙂

Michelle

Bruno2006
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 18

Hi Michelle. Iam working from home just now and will not be able to turn it off till lunchtime. I will report the outcome to you as soon as possible 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi,

The FTTP wasn't showing as fully completed on our side but it does now (we made a change from here). Could you try powering down the ONT and the router for a full 30 minutes again and then let us know if there is any change in speed please. If the speeds are still low then could you try connecting a device wired directly at the ONT with the router removed and run another speed test please.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 18

Thank you Michelle. 
In addition, my mobile and laptop are barely getting two bars from where I work upstairs from router. On my previous package I had constant four or five bars 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hello again,

Thank you. I've deleted 2 of your photos from your last post as they contained personal info. I'm looking into this now and will post back here as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 10 of 18

Yes powered down and no change. City Fibre did not mention to me on Friday anything about a speed check 

IMG_1765.jpegIMG_1768.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Are you using the eero or the wifi hub please? Is there any change if you power down the ONT and the router and then retest the speed again? Did the engineer test the speed when this was first installed and what speeds were you seeing then please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 18

Hi Michelle, 

yes City Fibre came on Friday to give me an upgrade and installed ONT box. 

I work from home and thought this would be a great help

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Morning,

Can I just confirm, do you have an ONT installed for FTTP?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 18

Screenshot of last nights upload 

dd012d0c-9b91-4f14-ad1c-12097daa653b.jpeg
0 Likes

Bruno2006
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 18

Hi Michelle 

I have updated my profile with requested info - thanks 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

Hi @Bruno2006 

I assume you mean a download speed of 5Mbps & not 5 months, a typo I am sure! Are you on full fibre 150 package then or G.Fast? Which make/model of router do you have?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes