cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

All inbound calls display as "Withheld"

Montana
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 33

Hi @OCEs,

As title and similar to other threads on this, all calls being received display as "Withheld", or "Unknown" via the TT Digital Voice app.

Have tested calling in from known numbers not set to withhold their number.

For reference:

My Account calling features has caller display ticked.

Only have caller display and last caller barring in use on the phone, no boosts.

[Note: U/L call boost was removed in October - would this change have anything to do with it?]

Call Safe is off, and never been on.

Please advise.

Many thanks

M

32 REPLIES 32

Montana
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 33

Ok @Chris-TalkTalk ,

Thanks, I've done all that.

then tried calls in from two different phones but still saying withheld, well actually displaying unavailable, anonymous now! 😞

M

0 Likes

Message 22 of 33

OK, could you try the following please:

Plug the DVA (grandstream) into the ONT, wait for the broadband light to come on then perform a pinhole reset of the DVA, this should get the phone light back on within about 5 mins, once that comes on can you change setup back to normal. Please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Montana
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 33

Thanks @Chris-TalkTalk ,

I connected up the grandstream late Friday, so its been running over the weekend. None of the call services noted in my last post have worked still, also 1471 is not working either.

Please update when the resync has been run , if this is the next course of action

Many thanks

M

0 Likes

Message 24 of 33

I should be able to resync the call services but because there's no telephone attached the system isn't letting me get that far. When you've connected the DVA and a telephone hopefully I'll be able to resync the voice services but if not then I can escalate it then

Chris

0 Likes

Montana
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 33

Great, thanks @Chris-TalkTalk ,

However, please note, on further checking here, it appears that none of the call services are working, that is caller display, last caller barring and voicemail.

Any chance this can be escalated?

Thanks

M

0 Likes

Message 26 of 33

The voice adapter hasn't been sent yet so I've ordered one, it should be with you within a couple of days (probably tomorrow)

Chris

0 Likes

Montana
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 33

Ok thanks @Chris-TalkTalk 

Not sure how this will fix things.

Should have mentioned also that the voicemail service is no longer working either

Will try the voice adaptor once it arrives. Are you able to confirm if a grandstream is actually on the way?

M

0 Likes

Message 28 of 33

I thinks we should wait for the grandstream and try the telephone then to see if caller display then works. It is enabled so hopefully it will work with the eero and grandstream

Chris

0 Likes

Montana
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 33

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Up until yesterday I had the telephone handset connected to the router (TT Hub) and was having this caller display issue. Also same with the app.

Have now (due to end of/out of contract renewal) moved to an eero package and continue to have the issue with the app.

I've not received a grandstream (as noted in a recent separate post) to use.

So considering the above the caller display issue doesn't look related to which set up I have at home.

Hope this clarifies

Thanks

M

0 Likes

Message 30 of 33

Hi Montana,

Do you have your telephone handset connected to your router or are you using an eero with the grandstream digital voice adapter?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 33

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Neither will display the number calling. 'withheld' on the handset, 'unknown' on the app.

Thanks

M

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 32 of 33

Hello,

Can I just confirm, do you mean that they show unknown in the app or on the actual handset?

Thanks

Michelle