cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

BT 1572 is blocking my call to a relative

avqs43
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Suddenly when I call my sister, the BT 1572 feature intervenes.  I have spoken on a mobile and she has confirmed that there is no block with BT on my number at her end.  Other callers have no problem.  How do I contact Talktalk to check?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Great. pleased we got to the bottom of it.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

It transpires that when we phoned a few days ago and we had not used the 1470 feature on the call, our call was diverted to 1572.  The initial query to BT resulted in there being no problem at BT's end.  However, a further call after this post was raised, showed that the number had indeed been barred but could not be seen in their log for some reason.  The problem is now solved,  Thanks.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

Do you have your number withheld from view? I.e. Its set to private.

If so when dialling try dialling 1470 and then your sisters number to see if that makes any difference.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

avqs43
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the quick reply.  She has been in touch with BT and they say that our number is not blocked.  BT advises speaking to our provider as it is not their fault.  Never is, is it?  I'll let her know about the link and let's see what happens.  Cheers.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Calls to a number can only be blocked at the recipients end, not the senders.

The BT system is like TalkTalk s Call Safe. I suggest your sister contact BT or search for how to unblock a number as it may have been inadvertently blocked instead of accepted.

On the TalkTalk system numbers can be adjusted via my account, or if it can't be found by the user as it may be withheld, staff can remove it for you if it's in the wrong list.

I found this doing a quick google search. Hope it helps.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Call-Protect-1572/td-p/2340182