cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

CALLER DISPLAY SHOWING INCORRECT NAME

karolbags
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I have TalkTalk for my home phone and business phone.  The issue I have is with the business phone.

When I call from my business landline a different company displays on the receiving phone.  The other company is registered to the same building (their accountants address) but don’t have a land line within the building.

I am confused as to why their name is coming up and being associated with my phone number.  I have tried researching online but can’t identify where the fault lies and so don’t know who to approach to get it corrected.

Is anyone able to help?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hello,

Just to confirm, do you have a TalkTalk Business line? 

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

Best to leave this for staff so that we don't muddy the waters!

They'll be back on here from Monday, @karolbags.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

OP is saying that the handset displays the name of a business which is not the business from which the call originates. I agree that if the handset had no stored numbers, then it should display the originating number. But how can a handset display a business name which is not programmed into the handset and associated with the number?

Or is there something too clever by half going on out there? If I look at my call log on my smartphone, I can see three calls since 17 May where a business name is displayed, and I know for sure those businesses are not in my contact list in the phone.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Caller display should show the number of the incoming phone call regardless of whether that number has been saved previously in the handset, @jbuchanangb.

I have no numbers saved. That doesn't affect how Caller Display works. 

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

I thought that the name displayed on a handset with caller display was generated by the handset by looking up the incoming number on the list of saved numbers in the handset. Is the problem occurring on multiple different receivers?

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Do you have the business line through Talktalk Business?

If so, you need to pick this up with them, @karolbags.

0 Likes