cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Call Safe

mandrews
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27

My Call Safe has stopped working and I get scam callers getting through. I have tried turning it on via the website and from the phone with no joy. After two separate online chats where I was promised the problem would be resolved which it wasn't I wrote a complaint letter. After I received a letter with a complaint reference and was told that I would be contacted, nothing happened. I chased and eventually last Friday I got through and was told that I would received a call that afternoon. No call back happened and its still not working. 

Can someone at TalkTalk fix this please!!

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

OK thanks. I'll asked our Future fibre team to take a look

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

I have tested again after the ONT was switched off for 40 minutes and Caller display is still not working.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27
0 Likes

Message 4 of 27

I turned the ONT off the other day. Caller Display was working until CallSafe started working. I can give it a try but I'm not confident as it has never shown to me as disabled. I'll try the ONT this afternoon and let you know,

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

It's showing enabled on the other systems too. Could you switch the ONT off for 30 minutes and back on again. If it's then still not working I'll ask our Future Fibre team to take a look

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

I turned off Caller Display and got the automated email to say it had been removed. I waited a couple of hours to go back and turn it on again but it was still showing as enabled. Tried ringing the landline and still doesn't display the caller ID.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

OK thanks, one step forward and one step back. Could you try removing caller display and then re-add it. Please let me know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Well the good news is CallSafe is now working, although all previously approved numbers have been lost. I can add those again. However CallerDisplay has stopped working! The Number comes up as unavailable even when its on the approved list.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

Hi mandrews,

I tried re-adding CallSafe yesterday afternoon but was still unable too, just tried again and it's let me. Could you give it a couple of hours and then retest. Please let me know how you get on 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

I received an email from TalkTalk this morning telling my Full Fibre service had gone live. Thinking this might be a sign that CallSafe was altered I checked by ringing my phone from my landline. Caller display is not working now and my account is still showing Calldsafe off. So we seem to be going backwards!! 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Still can't re-add it so I'll try again later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

I tried earlier but couldn't add it back on, I'll try again now

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

OK I got notification at 8:30am that it was turned off, is now time to try turning it back on?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

I've removed it from your account and will re-add it in a couple of hours

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

OK, I'll try removing it and re-adding it from my side

Chris

0 Likes

mandrews
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 27

Have reset the ONT, left it off for 30 minutes. CallSafe still showing off in My Account and on the phone 1472.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

OK thanks. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

mandrews
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 27

Trying to switch it on in My Account still doesn't change its status. Will try resetting the ONT.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

The ONT is the box on the wall. Will it allow you to switch it on in My Account (on the systems I've checked it's showing active)?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

By the way just had a scam call.

0 Likes