cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Caller Display not Working

seajays
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 38 of 38

Hi,

I just came over from sky a few weeks ago.  I activated caller display, but it isn't working.

I deactivated it, waited a few hours and reenabled it in my account yesterday.  It is showing as an "active add-on" in my account, however it still isn't working.

Caller display was working fine with sky, so I don't think it's an equipment issue.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Colin.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 21 of 38

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. I've passed this over to our Faults Team for further investigation and we will post back as soon as we receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 38

By me a few weeks ago, and also by your representative in online chat. It didn't make any difference.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Message 23 of 38

OK thanks. When you say it's been switched off serval times already, is that by you?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 38

Yes - it's still not working today, and it has been "switched off and on again" several times already.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Message 25 of 38

Could you just confirm it's still not working today, if not then I'll try removing it at our end and re-adding it

Chris

0 Likes

Message 26 of 38

Yes, I've tested with a second telephone and it still doesn't work.

I've also taken my telephone to a neighbour's house and tested it there and the caller display is working perfectly.

It seems that caller display is just not functioning on my line.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Message 27 of 38

Hi seajays,

Just to confirm, you've tested with a second telephone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 38

Still not working.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Message 29 of 38

Thanks for trying that. Everything looks OK from our side so do you have another telephone that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 38

No, still same.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Message 31 of 38

OK thanks. Could you switch the base unit off at the plug and leave it off for 5 minutes then switch back on and retest

Thanks

Chris

Message 32 of 38

Yes, caller display was working perfectly when I was with sky a few weeks ago. It hasn't worked since I moved over to talktalk.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Message 33 of 38

Just to confirm, are you using a cordless phone with the base unit connected to an electrical wall socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 34 of 38

No, still not working.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Message 35 of 38

Hi seajays,

I've made a change so could you please retest and let us know if caller display is now working

Chris

0 Likes

Message 36 of 38

Hi, yes, I've tried plugging the handset into the master socket, and even into the test socket behind the faceplate, but caller display isn't working.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 37 of 38

Hi Colin

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, have you tried the caller display handset directly at the test socket?

0 Likes