cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Caller Display not Working

seajays
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 38 of 38

Hi,

I just came over from sky a few weeks ago.  I activated caller display, but it isn't working.

I deactivated it, waited a few hours and reenabled it in my account yesterday.  It is showing as an "active add-on" in my account, however it still isn't working.

Caller display was working fine with sky, so I don't think it's an equipment issue.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Colin.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 1 of 38

Morning seajays,

I'm really glad to hear this 🙂 Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 38

Ok, I assume someone has done something, as caller display has finally started working again today! 😊👍

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Message 3 of 38

Hi seajays,

Excellent, hopefully this will resolve this fault for you. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

Message 4 of 38

Yes they have, they've organised a "lift and shift" of the exchange equipment, so I'm waiting for that to happen and see if it resolves the issue.

Aquila non captat muscas

Message 5 of 38

Morning seajays,

How are you getting on? Did our team manage to make contact?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 6 of 38

Hi seajays,

I've been advised that the fault team will be contacting you this morning. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 7 of 38

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear that but thanks for trying. I've passed this straight back to our Fault Team now and have asked them to take another look. I'll post back as soon as they come back to me but they may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 38

No, no difference I'm afraid.  Still not working.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Message 9 of 38

Hi seajays,

I've just made a change, could you please retest and let us know if it's it made any difference

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 38

Re-escalating this thread for you, @seajays.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

seajays
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 11 of 38

OK - so this saga continues.  It's still not working!  After you guys referred this to your backroom engineers, I was contacted by a very helpful person who tried several things.  We were left at the point where he was going to organise an equipment switchover at the exchange with Openreach.

That was the last I heard (several weeks ago), and I had been waiting for something to happen.

I tried on your chat service today to get an update, only to be told that the call had been closed at the beginning of August(!) as I had said it was fixed and had been credited £20 to my account.   Neither of those are true - I definitely have never said it's fixed (it isn't!), and I have no credit on my account.   I was waiting for your engineers to get back to me with a date for the equipment switchover.

I was then told that it was not possible to reopen the call, and was being asked to go right back to the beginning of fault finding (which we've done several times over!!).  That's clearly not going to help and is a waste of everyone's time.

Please can the previous call be re-opened so that we can resolve this issue.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Message 12 of 38

Morning,

Thanks for the update. I've asked the team now if they can contact you again as soon as possible.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 38

Hi, so we are just back from holiday and the caller display is still not working.

I was called by the support team while I was away, but as I couldn't check it they said to call them back when I returned.  I have no number to call them back on though.

Please can you ask them to get back in touch now we're at home again.

Thanks,

Colin.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Message 14 of 38

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. As advised, please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks

Message 15 of 38

@swtc44, you'll need to start your own thread for this.

Please go back to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Staff will reply during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 16 of 38

I have the same problem, no caller display. I cannot try your solution because I do not have a test socket, just changed to full fibre to home.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 38

Morning,

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 38

Yes thanks.

Aquila non captat muscas
0 Likes

Message 19 of 38

Morning,

Can I just confirm, have you been contacted since I raised this for investigation?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 38

Hello,

The team have confirmed that they are looking into this so we'll hopefully know more soon.

Thanks

0 Likes