cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Caller display

milly_50
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 59 of 59

I’m hoping someone can help me.

Recently I have been having issues with my landline displaying ‘call’ every time someone rings, instead of their name. 
It has worked in the past and I have checked the account and caller display is activated.

Hopefully, this issue can be solved.

Thanks in advance…

0 Likes
58 REPLIES 58

Message 41 of 59

Sorry, I forgot about this, just re-added it now. Could you give it a couple of hours and then retest

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 42 of 59
0 Likes

Message 43 of 59

Ok Chris,

thanks for that.

I’ll test again once you let me know when you’ve added it back to the account.

milly

0 Likes

Message 44 of 59

OK, I'll remove caller display at my end, leave it a couple of hours and then re-add it, hopefully that will fix it

Chris

0 Likes

Message 45 of 59

Yes I did test the phone on my neighbour’s line and it was working ok.

I have run all the tests I can think of and nothing is working. 
milly.

0 Likes

Message 46 of 59

Thanks for retesting. Are you able to test your telephone on someone else's line (friend, family member, neighbour), to confirm that it's working OK

Chris

0 Likes

Message 47 of 59

Just tested it. 
sorry to say that it is still not working.

Milly.

0 Likes

Message 48 of 59

OK thanks. I've made a change so could you please retest and let me know if caller display is now working

Chris

0 Likes

Message 49 of 59

Hi Chris,

just checked the phone number and it was an old one, so have updated it. 
thanks, 

milly

0 Likes

Message 50 of 59

OK thanks. Could you check the telephone number in your community profile and confirm it's your current TalkTalk landline telephone number

Chris

0 Likes

Message 51 of 59

Hi Chris,

Yes, I have already tried this. It did not fix the problem unfortunately.

Milly.

0 Likes

Message 52 of 59

Hi Milly,

Could you try unplugging your telephone from the electric socket and leave it unplugged for about 5 minutes, then plug back in and retest. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 53 of 59

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I don’t have another landline phone to test it with and cannot access one easily.

However, I will state that until 2-3 days ago, the caller display was working perfectly and has been ever since I moved to this property. (Over a year ago).

Thanks,

Milly.

0 Likes

Message 54 of 59

Hello,

Thanks for trying this and I'm sorry to hear that there has been no change. Just before we pass this over, can I confirm if you've also tested with a different handset just to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 55 of 59

Hi Michelle,

Tested the landline this morning, after checking that caller display was reactivated on the account. Unfortunately, it is still not working and the word ‘call’ is displayed regardless of who rings, instead of their contact details.

Hopefully, something else can be done to sort this issue out.

Thanks.,

Milly.

0 Likes

Message 56 of 59

Good afternoon,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

milly_50
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 57 of 59

Hi Michelle,

thanks for getting back to me.

I turned the caller display off yesterday and have reactivated just now. It says that it will become live after midnight tonight, so will report back tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Milly.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 58 of 59

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Could you try switching off the Caller Display service in your My Account and once this is removed (this can take a few hours) then try adding this again in your My Account. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes