cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Really confused about landline porting and digital voice options

gameinn
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I have BT FTTC right now with a landline number that I would like to keep/put to voip. Apparently TalkTalk have a digital voice service which I thought would be perfect along with moving to TalkTalk FTTP.

When I select a package I have these options:

Unless I click "I don't require a landline" I get this:

So how are you meant to get digital voice from TalkTalk?

I am ok with transferring my landline number to a separate voip provider. One thing I don't want to happen is that signing up for TalkTalk FTTP puts an order in with Openreach or whoever to cease my current BT FTTC line. Ideally I would like to have some overlap to ensure service stays incase of delays and once TalkTalk is fully operational I put in a port request with a voip provider that will then cease the BT FTTC line.

Any thoughts on how I should proceed?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

My understanding is that unless Openreach are doing the FTTP installation, the copper is left there as it is the property of Openreach. When the installers turn up on the day, you can discuss with them where you want the equipment sited.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

They sometimes use the same entry point hole in the wall that the copper wire uses, @gameinn, so unless you are happy with multiple entry points, the likelihood is that installation would require the copper to go.

Solutions do need to be worked out to suit individual cases, which is why you are best following Arne's advice and speaking to the sales team.

Interested to hear back what they say, as many people do worry about how their transition to FTTP is to be managed. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hello

I was under the impression that if I took out FTTP that it's a different "circuit" to my current FTTC provider so you technically shouldn't be able to take over the line. Maybe in an FTTC to FTTC transfer it would make sense. If this is not the case I will have to sign up with a provider that does this and then switch from them to TalkTalk once my landline is ported.

Is there no option for someone to get TalkTalk's digital voice service?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi gameinn

Im not sure its possible to have an overlap as we would be taking over the line to your property, I would advise you to call us to discuss this with the sales team. 

Regards.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Which package are you applying for, some are data only?

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes