cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Caller display

milly_50
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 59 of 59

I’m hoping someone can help me.

Recently I have been having issues with my landline displaying ‘call’ every time someone rings, instead of their name. 
It has worked in the past and I have checked the account and caller display is activated.

Hopefully, this issue can be solved.

Thanks in advance…

0 Likes
58 REPLIES 58

Message 1 of 59

OK, I'll chased it up again 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 59

Hi Chris,

no, I don’t think I’ve had any missed calls… definitely no messages regarding the problem.

milly.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 59

Sorry for the delay, it was allocated to an engineer, you haven't had any missed calls?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 59

Hi Chris,

It’s been over a week now and unfortunately, I still haven’t heard anything from the network team - have you?

I really want to get this issue resolved, so anything you can do would be appreciated.

thanks,

milly.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 59

Hi Milly_50,

I've passed this back to the network team. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 59

Hi there,

Last Monday, you put me in contact with your network team and a card reset was performed at the local telephone exchange for me. 

All was well until yesterday, when Caller display failed again. I was told by the man at technical support that a further solution could be made if this happened. 

I have tried to ring on the 0345 number he provided but I am getting nowhere, so thought I would post here. 

Please could you get someone to help me.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 59

OK thanks. I'll ask our network team to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 59

Hi Chris,

still not working I’m afraid.

milly.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 59

I've made a change, could you please retest and let me know if it's working or not. If not then I'll pass it over to our network team for further investigation 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 59

Hi Michelle,

Unfortunately, my caller display has stopped working again. It was fine for 3 days and then on Saturday it stopped working.

You mentioned in a previous message that this intermittent fault could be passed over to the Faults team for them to have a look at. I would appreciate it if this could be done since this is the second time this has happened.

Thanks in advance,

milly.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 59

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that it is working again. If this does re-occur then we can pass this over to our Faults Team and ask them to take a look.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 59

Hi Chris,

Yesterday I removed caller id from my account then after an hour or so, added it back.

I waited until this morning to test again as it said it would not be enabled until after midnight. I am very pleased to report that it now works. However, this has happened before and I’m concerned that in a week or two, caller display will fail. Please could this on going problem be resolved. It is such a hassle having to keep removing then re adding it to the account.

Anyway, I am happy it is back up and running again!
Thanks,

milly

0 Likes

Message 13 of 59

OK thanks. Yes, could you try removing, leave a couple of hours and the re-add it, if it's then still not working please let me know and I'll ask our network team to take a look

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 59

Yes, sorry about this . 
When I tested it on the neighbours line, it didn’t work. 
However, I’ve made a mistake because now I’ve realised he doesn’t use caller display anyway.
I don’t have anyone else to ask and don’t have another handset available for testing.

milly.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 59

Apologies but just want to be clear, so you connected your telephone to your neighbours line and caller display didn't work on their line either? If this is the case then it would point to an issue with the telephone

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 59

Hi Chris,

Yes, to confirm, caller id still not working on my own landline. 

milly

0 Likes

Message 17 of 59

OK thanks, so does caller display work on your neighbours phone on their line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 59

Sorry, no caller display did not work on the neighbour’s line, but the phone is fine and working properly.

do you think I should remove then re add caller display from my account?

milly

0 Likes

Message 19 of 59

OK  thanks for testing. So just to confirm, caller display worked fine on your neighbours line and it's still not working when you've reconnected it to your own line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 59

Hi Chris,

Sorry about the delay. I have tested my phone on a neighbour’s line and it was fine. 

I don’t have another phone to use, but when this problem first occurred, it was not the phone itself at fault.

Milly.

0 Likes