cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Can't disable Call Waiting

AndrewSUB8
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Dialling #43# to disable as per https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-Call-Waiting/ta-p/2205335 gets the response "Sorry, your call cannot be connected", and there's no setting to change in My Account (see screenshot). I know I can just ignore any call that's waiting, but I'd much rather callers got the engaged tone rather than holding and thinking I might switch to them. I wondered if the setting might be on the Digital Voice mobile phone app that I sometimes use, but nothing there either. Is there a way round this please?

Screenshot 2023-12-07 230745.png

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

That's great, thanks for letting me know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Success! Rang in from another number while on a call and no call waiting message or beeps.  Cheers, job done.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

OK thanks but does call waiting appear to still be enabled when someone calls, as everything looks OK as far as I can see now.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

yep, absolutely identical to my original screenshot. Definitely nothing to let me turn Call Waiting on or off. Cheers.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Thanks for trying that. The system was showing an error but it now looks OK so the shutdown appears to have done something, is it exactly the same as before?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

No joy I'm afraid thanks! Left everything powered off as suggested but afterwards definitely still no option to turn it on or off and dialing the codes doesn't work either. All rather odd.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Andrew,

Could you switch your ONT and router off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. If you are then still experiencing the same issue please let me know

Chris

0 Likes

AndrewSUB8
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

I would if I could, but there's no option in My Account to turn it on or turn it off. I've also tried dialling * 4 3 # to turn it on so I can try turning it off again but they both just say "Sorry, your call cannot be connected".

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Morning,

If the call waiting service is not showing as active in your My Account then could you try adding this then once this is showing as active (it might take 24hrs) then try removing the call waiting from your My Account. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes