cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

talk to another talktalk customer

Simon33
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi

I have always thought; and i have been with talktalk for years, that we could talk to another talktalk landline for upto 3 hours at a time

Can anyone confirm please

thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Simon

Just a clarification on my part.

You were right all along that TalkTalk to TalkTalk landline calls have always been 3 hours free and still are. Not only that, the advice article on UK Call Costs is available to Customer Service Agents so they can refer to this in the first paragraph: "...You can make free calls to other TalkTalk landline customers as long as you call for no more than three hours at a time, after which standard charges will apply."

I'm advised that the content in the Financials about increasing the free calls from 60 minutes to 180 minutes actually referred to the UK Unlimited UK Calls Boost being temporarily increased at the start of the pandemic. So this was just for customers that had purchased the Unlimited UK Calls Boost to get free calls normally for 60 minutes duration.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi @Simon33 

Don't forget to update your Community profile as requested by Arne-TalkTalk. 

Include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

I also took the opportunity to look back to when Tristia Harrison first announced the free of charges call time between TalkTalk customer landlines was increased from 60 minutes to 180 minutes.

This is an extract from the Financial Reports dated 17 December 2020 that are signed by the TalkTalk CEO.

In the six months to 30 September 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic had an estimated negative impact on the Group’s Headline
EBITDA of c.£9m. This was largely a result of a contraction in gross margin, with reduced connections, cancelled Sports boosts
and customers re-contracting early in search of better value deals, as well as higher customer credits due to our commitment
to ensuring customers could stay connected for longer by extending our 60 minute limit for free calls to 180 minutes.

Therefore TalkTalk Customer Services have definitely misinformed you if they asserted there has never been a 3 hour call time between TalkTalk customer landlines.

I would fully understand if your confidence and trust in TalkTalk has been broken. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

It's not an acceptable business practice to change pricing without notification. Neither is it acceptable to publish a pricing policy and then tell the customer that the policy has been changed and they'll change the published details in retrospect.

In my opinion, you're due a refund and an apology for the misinformation and time wasted and appropriate goodwill compensation.

I'm sure Arne will see you right.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

it is definately a talktalk customer, as I am a customer of that line also.. ie its a charity I run

OK.. been onto CS now for 2+ hours this morning and it seems that they have recently changed their policy for talktalk to talk customers. It is now reduced to 1hr, from 3 hours

I informed them that they had not told me this when renewing, it is still on their websbe site that it is 3 hours and the talk community forums are under imporession that it is also 3 hours

They said that they will update it !!

I found the compliants dept very dismissive

I have been with talktalk for years, but now considering moving to virgin, when contract up

thanks for your help here

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Simon33

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

Message 6 of 9

The call time between customers started out at 1 hour but during the pandemic was increased to 3 hours. If TalkTalk have reduced the calling time back to 1 hour then the policy makers have not informed the TalkTalk Content team that create the customer advice content.

Are you confident that the called number is a TalkTalk customer landline number?

I'll ask TalkTalk Support to investigate for you. On the basis that calls were between TalkTalk customers then I believe any charge for calls made during the first three hours should be refunded to you.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

I thought thgis, especially as I have been with talktalk for years

In  2 recent bills I have been charged £17.02 for  just over 2hours and £20.88 for 2hrs 26mins

I spoke to CS and they were adement that it was 1hour at a time. They said it was never the case of between talktalk landlines

What can I do about it, as they made me feel an idiot for thinking this

thanks

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

You're perfectly correct. You can make free calls from a TalkTalk landline to other TalkTalk landline customers as long as you call for no more than three hours at a time, after which standard charges will apply.

See UK Call Costs

0 Likes