cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Crackly phone

Tommo31961
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I have a terrible phone connection the line crackles! I have messaged for help and I'm told the line seems OK. 

ITS NOT!!! The line is crackling over the dial tone and makes conversations impossible! 

The help page tells me they cant test the connection. The following has been copied from this site,

Your property has two lines supplying your connection, a copper line and a fibre line. Our online connection test is unable to run a test on both lines at the same time.

A member of our support team should be in touch over the next couple of months to remove your copper line and transition you to a Full Fibre connection.

But when if the hospital phones I cant hear what they are saying to me!

The only solution offered so far seems to be to buy VOIP at extra cost I cant afford it as I am disabled! What should I do?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Tommo31961

I'm really sorry about this.

Please can you try calling this team as they will be able to advise further.

If you are advised of an upgrade with a higher monthly charge then please post back here and let me know.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Debbie I got the message. My worry is this will be a sales team trying to have me upgrade my service and as I have a limited income I really cant afford a higher bill at the moment this stuff gives me a lot of anxiety!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Tommo31961

From checking the notes, it asks if you can call a specific number to discuss this further. I will send you a Private Message now.

0 Likes

Tommo31961
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hi Debbie, the phone crackles even at the dial tone! My daughter took the phone home and tested it on her line and it was perfect.

This was after I had used online help they did all the tests then and tried to upsell me a VOIP system at extra cost.

I think something was getting lost in translation. I have a basic phone (No batteries no power connections) it is plugged into an Openreach 5C socket. My internet connection is Fibre to the Premises the internet connection has been made with a totally separate line.

When I tried to check using your online connection test the system says unable to test and that my copper line is being removed in the next two months and a fibre phone connection made but that would be the first I have heard of this!

Your property has two lines supplying your connection, a copper line and a fibre line. Our online connection test is unable to run a test on both lines at the same time.

A member of our support team should be in touch over the next couple of months to remove your copper line and transition you to a Full Fibre connection.

Can you please advise further?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Tommo31961

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are clear - No faults detected.

Just to confirm, is the noise still present if you test with a different phone directly at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

The next step following this will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes