cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Digital voice

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hello, had full fibre installed jan2023, and engineer said digital voice not available yet.  When can I plug my landline phone into my full fibre router.  If I try it now, nothing happens, or is there a procedure 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Yes it the same situation, only brand new orders can order VOIP on City Fibre, its not possible to add onto an existing service.  

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Is this still the only way to do it and when should I do this and how. Don't want to incurr charged, my contract ends Oct 2024.  Spoke to unhelpful chat agent who said there is no way I can have digital voice.  Can't have much downtime as need landline/internet to keep in touch with elderly dad

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi andyg1966

Digital voice (VOIP) is available on City Fibre , but you will need to fully cancel your current package and then re-order the package with VOIP.

This will mean a few days downtime. 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

Fibre 65 data only , keep copper landline is my package, as this was all that was available when I upgraded to full fibre.  Cityfibre said digital voice would be available soon (back in Feb 2023).  Just wondered when the change will be available to me before copper landlines are disconnected in 2025.

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Yes, home phone still plugged into bt socket and working fine.  Have 1 landline line and 1 fibre line to property

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi,

Thanks. Do you currently have a separate copper voice service?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi, I'm on fttp full Fibre65 with landline package

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hello,

Are you currently on a FTTP data only package?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes