cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

How do I get my landline working?

Izzy_Wizzy
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Hi,

I signed up to talk talk via a canvasser.  I was told, to use my landline, I would need an adapter for the eero from Argos.  I can’t find said adapter at Argos.  I have a FTTP telephone number on my account but I don’t know what adapter I need or how to set up the phone to use it.  I can’t find any information anywhere . 
Help please!

CraftyNana
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12
0 Likes

Izzy_Wizzy
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 12

Okay thank you for the information and all your help,  I will speak to customer service.

CraftyNana
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, I appreciate it must have been a very stressful time. Unfortunately VoIP isn't something that can be added to an existing package, if it's available your current package would have to be ceased and a new order placed. You could also probably get a VoIP service from a 3rd party

If you speak to our Loyalty team they should be able to advised if they can place an order for Full Fibre with VoIP - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support

Could I just ask, does your Mum currently have a personal care alarm or a medical device that requires a landline (or anyone else in the household)?

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Izzy_Wizzy
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 12

Since November.  I’ve only just got round to cancelling virgin and sorting out my landline.  My mum has just been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s,  we’ve fetched her to live with us December, things have been difficult for the last six months.  

CraftyNana
0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

I'm sorry for any confusion. How long has the service been live?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Talktalk does have a router with a simple socket for the phone into the router - sometimes the Eero can be exchanged for the Hub 2 router, but staff would need to confirm that. 

Usually the VOIP must be ordered with the  Full Fibre order, as otherwise you may need to have some down time....and set it up again. 

The trouble is people keep referring to a "phone line" and it causes confusion with keeping the traditional landline. That's essential for vulnerable customers or locations where mobile signals are poor. 

So it gets tricky when ordering to make it absolutely clear what is required. 

Customers don't have to buy the adapter. I wonder if it's possible to trace the name of their sales rep?

There's a guide to Complaints linked at the foot of the page, @Izzy_Wizzy.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Izzy_Wizzy
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 12

Hi again,  really??  The canvasser told me when customer services ring me after I’ve signed up, when I am asked,  to say that I didn’t need a phone line, just buy the adapter.  I’m a bit annoyed now because I’ve been misinformed.   We don’t have a phone socket,  we were with virgin before, the phone connected via the router. 

CraftyNana
0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Thanks for that. The service that you have appears to be data only so there is no digital voice service provided. If you connect a telephone to your old telephone socket is the line dead? 

Chris

0 Likes

Izzy_Wizzy
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

Hi I’ve updated my profile 🙂

CraftyNana
0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi Izzy_Wizzy,

Welcome to the Community. Can you please update your Community profile, as Gliwmaeden2 has asked, and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Talktalk should send you a Digital Voice Adapter, @Izzy_Wizzy:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Digital-Voice-Adapter/ta-p/2815435

Please complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. Go via your avatar/name; settings; add your account number in Personal Information (from the drop down menu) and SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes