Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calls

brassobaz
Team Player
Message 27 of 27

My relations in New Zealand are trying to call me but call safe refuses to accept the call when I press either one or two to accept it.

brassobaz
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

That's great news, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

Managed to call New Zealand yesterday evening. Line was very good. Thanks for your help.

brassobaz
0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

OK thanks, I've passed this over to our Network Team for investigation. I'll let you know when I receive an update (or they may contact you directly)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 27

When our relation calls from New Zealand we can hear him but he cannot hear us. The phone number is in our approved list and we have removed then re-added the number as previously suggested but this makes no difference. We have tried ringing him but we get what sounds like an unobtainable number (the number is dialling okay).

brassobaz
0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

OK thanks. Could you just confirm exactly what's happening with the calls to the New Zealand number at the moment and I'll pass it over (just want to make sure I'm giving them the correct information)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

Hi Chris,

I have added the number to the private notes.

brassobaz
0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

OK thanks for clarifying. Can you add the number that you're calling in New Zealand to the private notes section of your  community profile an we'll ask our network team to take a look at this

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

I raised two queries as one was a problem with International calls and the other was missing calling features. I merely asked whether the two problems could be related. I have tried calling customer service and they have not been able to resolve the issues, hence my queries on the community forum. I have to say my patience is running very thin.

brassobaz
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 27

@Chris-TalkTalk, the other thread is here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/Calling-features/m-p/2847922#M148821

I don't think it was immediately apparent that the issues were connected, to the customer. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Hi brassobaz,

Apologies for any confusion, have you raised multiple threads for the same issue? (we advise only raising one thread/topic per issue to avoid confusion). We only provide support via the Community but if you'd prefer to speak to someone on your landline line you could call our customer service team, they'll be happy to help 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Sorry it was Arne that suggested re- registering. I seem to be getting three TalkTalk support staff dealing with the problems. It would help if one person could deal with this. Preferably via my landline phone.

brassobaz
0 Likes

brassobaz
Team Player
Message 12 of 27

I have  Opera, Internet explorer and even Safari on my sons internet connection with Zen. All to no avail. Chris from 

TalkTalk has been able to replicate the problem and he has now suggested registering my account. Any luuck on the International call front?

brassobaz
0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Could you try a different internet browser if possible, and let us know if you experience the same issue

Chris

0 Likes

brassobaz
Team Player
Message 14 of 27

The list of features is totally blank apart from  message that international premium rate calls are barred and also premium rate UK calls

brassobaz
0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

What happens when you try to access the calling features list, do you get an error?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Please note I am having problems accessing the calling features list on my account. Could the two problems be linked?

brassobaz
0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

Yes. Does seem to be just TalkTalk service that is the problem.

brassobaz
0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

OK thanks, do you know if the person you call in New Zealand receives other calls from the UK or international calls OK?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

No we have no other relatives in New Zealand. The last attempt that are relative made in calling us resulted in my being to hear him but he could not hear me. 

brassobaz
0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Hi brassobaz,

Is there another number that you could call in New Zealand to test with, maybe a friend of the person you call, just to see if other international numbers are affected?

Chris

0 Likes