Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet & Home

frank17
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 5

I had trouble finding details about my billing, whilst talking with the agent the telephone line crackled so much we terminated and I rang again. The crackling had subsided but was still troublesome. The agent suggested I do an online check via 'talktalk.help', this showed that I was receiving 39 mpbs at the router and 24mpbs at the device, it was suggested that an engineers visit was necessary, due to availability I declined.

Frank 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Frank

Can I just check, have you tested the phone directly at the test socket? Was the noise still present in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

frank17
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 5

I had an engineer visit earlier this year and he changed the old style master socket with a new one (  5C mk4 ), there was no difference after that, the sporadic nature of speed dropping continued. A neighbour lost their connection later in the year, we are on copper, and a new line was installed. I have been offered another visit but I have little faith that it would achieve much. You get passed from pillar to post so often you tend to shrug  and get on with it. I am seriously looking to change to fibre with other suppliers as friends say they are glad they did that. 

Frank

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi frank17

Line tests are not showing any issues, which could indicate an internal wiring issue. 

Are you connected to the master socket when you make the calls? 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

I'll move this to the home phone message board, as that seems to be the priority issue, @frank17.

Please look out for a reply from TT staff during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes