cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline not working

Lizzie-S
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 37

My landline is not working…no dial tone.. it’s not the telephone as I have just tried a new one.. internet working fine. People phoning me get ‘line busy’. 

0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36

Message 1 of 37

Hi @johncowie48! 

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

johncowie48!
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 37

landline not working. note on screen reads "out of range" or "line busy". 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 37

Morning @Lizzie-S 

Ah great, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Did the line start working again on it's own or did Openreach get back in contact?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 37

Yes I did, thanks

Message 5 of 37

Hi @Lizzie-S 

Apologies for the delay.

Did you speak to our Faults Team to cancel the engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 37

The cut off time for cancelling or rearranging your appointment is 12 noon the day before your appointment. If you have a Monday booking, you'll need to amend it by 12 noon on Saturday. So if the support team do not reply today you will need to make sure you do it yourself. I know there is an option in My Account > View Progress > Appointment summary to rearrange, not sure about cancelling. If you can do it there then great, if not you will need to contact customer services directly.

Message 7 of 37

It looks like the problem is now resolved.. I had a phone message (yes, now working) saying that the fault had been rectified, which as it was obviously a fault on the line, presumably I will not be billed for… ? 
so can I cancel the engineer for Monday … many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 37

Hi Lizzie-S

You're welcome and I'm really sorry again that the engineer this morning wasn't able to fully resolve this fault.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 37

Hi @Lizzie-S 

It will be another Openreach engineer coming back on Monday 15/07. It could be the same engineer from this morning, it just depends who is assigned to this fault/job.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 37

Thanks for your help..

Message 11 of 37

Yes please do this.. does this mean the engineer this morning will not be back and instead open reach will come Monday 15 th?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 37

Just to add, I'm really sorry I can't get the engineer from this morning to re attend, it will only let us rebook a new appointment.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 37

Hi @Lizzie-S 

I have also received the same message from Openreach, the first available appointment it will let me book is for 15/07 AM (8am - 1pm) I've booked this for now.

I'm sorry for the delay, will this date and time be ok?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 37

Just had an email telling me to book an outreach engineer.. do I do this or wait for the engineer who came this morning to come back ?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 37

Hi @Lizzie-S .

I can't relog this fault or run more line tests until the engineer closes this fault as resolved.

I will post back here as soon as I have further information.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 37

No he left for his next appointment thinking it was solved.. and for a few seconds before he left it was working ok.. now not.. so he’s not still working on it..

0 Likes

Message 17 of 37

Hi @Lizzie-S 

I've just checked and the engineer hasn't closed the fault yet so they may still be working on this.

I will check this again in 1 hour and post back here.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 37

No..

0 Likes

Message 19 of 37

Hi @Lizzie-S 

Did the engineer provide you with a contact number?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 37

The engineer has just left… he thought he had fixed the problem.. all working when he left, then just gone to use the phone and landline not working again… he said he was working closely today, so any chance of him coming back ?

0 Likes