cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline

MarkW5
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

I reported a landline fault on 24/8, the timeline says an engineer is on the way to the exchange. I still haven't got a dial tone and the timeline hasn't been updated since 26/8. How long do I have to wait for our service be resolved?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

That's great news, thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Karl, it seems open reach has fixed the landline thank you for your help 

Message 3 of 9

Hi

This is still in hand with Openreach.  Their testing has also shown a fault, so we are just waiting for this to be assigned to a field engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

MarkW5
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

Hi Karl, I'm still having landline issues. I have tried the old phone and a new phone but still no dial tone. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi

Openreach have closed the report at 11:40am today as no fault found.  It looks like they dispatched a broadband engineer who confirmed the broadband is working.  I've taken this back to them to dispatch a line engineer as tests are showing a DIS / Disconnection fault out to line.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

MarkW5
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

Hi Karl, could you please check with open reach for an update on landline status. Thank you 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi

Openreach will only have limited staff available as it's the Bank Holiday, and there controls are closed.  If there has been no progress on this, then we can check with them tomorrow for an update.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

You say that this timeline hasn't been updated since the 26/08, well that is today.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes