Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of landline calls

silverback
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

I have always been under the impression that, once the 60 minute limit on a landline call has been reached, remaining on the phone would result in the WHOLE call being charged at (currently) 21p per minute.

I am now told, by a colleague, that their interpretation of the wording means that, once 60 minutes has been reached, only minutes IN EXCESS of 60 will be charged.

Can anyone say definitely which of these is true? It makes a huge difference as I regularly wait for nearly 60 minutes in the queue to make a doctor's appointment, and when I am still caller number 'n' at 56 minutes, I've been giving up because I didn't want to incur a £12+ call charge.

Thanks

Silverback

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 5

@silverback when you get your next bill you'll also see that call charges are increasing on the 1st of December, from 21p per minute to 24p.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your helpful reply. It's made queuing to try and get a doctor's appointment much less stressful. 

Silverback

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi silverback

Any calls that go over the 60 min limit, will be charged for the time period OVER the 60 mins, not the whole call, if its to a Talktalk customer you have 180 mins before you start to get charged. 

Hope that helps. 

0 Likes