cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Line problem

Towlers
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Hi,  every time i do a check on my line I get a message to say there is a fault. I check back for a couple of days and told its being worked on. Eventually the message goes, but never told what the fault is, so do another check and lo and behold there’s a problem. Very rarely use landline to make calls these days, but would like to know what is going on

Thanks

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Thanks Chris, appreciate your help

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

I'm sorry, no it's not solving the problem, we have fed it back which unfortunately is that we can do.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Many thanks for your response Chris. I guess that’s all I can do, but its not solving the problem, is it ?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Hi Towlers,

Both voice and broadband test are passing, sync speed looks fine and connection appears to be stable so can't see any reason why the service test is showing a fault. I would just ignore it if your service is running OK, it just seems to be a false positive

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Hi Michelle, I’ve just run another line test and yes I can confirm I have a message to say you think there is a fault on the line

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. We have previously fed this back. Can I just confirm, are you still seeing this message at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Others have seen this, it seems that the online tests are flawed and can throw up false results, which is far from helpful. Hopefully the support team will feed back these examples. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Hi Michelle, no, not experiencing any problems that I’ve noticed, it’s just annoying that every time I run a line test I’m told there’s a problem and Talktalk are working on it, but nothing seems to get sorted

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Good afternoon,

I'm not sure why the tests are reporting this as I've just run a few tests now which are both clear. The connection looks stable and the sync speed looks consistent. Are you experiencing any issues with your broadband or voice service at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 22

Re-escalated for you, @Towlers.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

And twice more this week the test says I have a fault on my line. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hi Towlers

No problem 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 13 of 22

Many thanks for your help Debbie

Message 14 of 22

Hi Towlers

The throughput speed looks ok based on the sync speed so again I'm not sure why it was showing a fault on the tests completed, apologies for this.

Message 15 of 22

Hi Debbie, speed to router is 39mbps. Download speed is 31 mbps and upload 7mbps

Message 16 of 22

Hi Towlers

Apologies, I'm not sure why the fault was raised, it's possible the tests detected slow speeds (throughput speed)

What speeds are you receiving when running a speed test?

Once the fault ticket auto closes then the message on My Connection should no longer be present.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

Hi Michelle, message says Talktalk are still working on my fault. Reference number REP-13005069

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. Are you still seeing the same message if you run the test again today in My Connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

Towlers
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 19 of 22

Hi, many thanks for replies. Broadband appears to be ok, so I guess there is no problem, just wish I didn’t get the message to say I have a fault, when in fact, I dont

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 22

Hi Towlers

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed 2 different line tests and both are clear - No faults detected.

What speed are you receiving when running speed tests?

0 Likes