cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No incoming calls since new broadband upgrade

ekcooke
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

Upgraded to full fibre just after Christmas. Have just discovered by landline phone was neither making or receiving calls.  Self help showed the phone had not been connected on installation, I can now make callks, but cannot receive them.......

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

We've checked and there is no list of compatible phones. We've been told that any handset should work with our digital voice service

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 28

Thank you

Reason I ask is - as an example - some BT-branded phones are said to be incompatible.....

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

Hi ekcooke,

It's unlikely that two different make and models of telephone would both be incompatible but I'll try to find out if there's a specification that I can give you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 28

No, I do not have access to another phone, and in any case any phone I could borrow may not be compatible either.  Please, just give me a specification for a new wireless phone - base station and remote 'slave' - that I can buy, as well as any known incompatibilities.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

Do you have access to another telephone that you can test with? Are you able to borrow one from friend or family member?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 28

If a 'standard home phone' worked (like the one I have), then I wouldn't have a problem!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 28

Hi ekcooke,

Just a standard home phone should work

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 28

I am sort of getting there, but still don't know what to look for in a phone specification.  Our current (non compatible) landline phone equipment is a cordless Panasonic KX-TG7120E base unit running two KX-TGA711E handsets - one used on the base station and one in a slave unit in the bedroom.  I want the same capability to run through the Grandstream unit I now have.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

No worries.

Having set out the basics of hardware that is supported, anyone needing to purchase a new handset should check that it can be returned if it doesn't work as expected with TalkTalk Digital Voice.

The Digital Voice app help content has further details of supported mobile phones.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

Thanks @Gondola 🙂  Apologies for the confusion, I meant to say non VOIP handsets.

Michelle

Message 11 of 28

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

VOIP phones are not supported by TalkTalk Digital Voice.

A standard UK specified landline phone or landline phone base station, with cordless DECT handsets, that plugs in to a UK phone socket are both supported. The phone or base station is plugged in to the TalkTalk supplied Digital Voice Adapter (eero packages) or TalkTalk supplied Hub2.

BT Digital handsets are not supported. These are DECT phones that require the base station integrated into the BT Hub 2 or later BT hub.

The TalkTalk Digital Voice app also adds support for mobile phones to be used in addition to a standard landline phone.

I hope this is helpful.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Morning,

I'll feed this back to the team to see if they can confirm a specific specification list. @Gondola - Are you currently using the VOIP service? Which handset do you have please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

ekcooke
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 28

No specifics about an appropriate handset to buy.  Discussion today with an advisor in the Complaints Team stated TalkTalk do not recommend any units.  Pointed out I am not alone, based on other comments on here, and that customers needing to change any hardware should be better supported, especially as it seems some VOIP phones seem not top be compatible with some ISPs.  I don't want to buy equipment just to find it will not work.

I see the problems with landline phones and compatibility go back to 2022 and maybe more.  Surely TalkTalk could have a plan in place?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

Morning,

Thanks for the update. Was my colleague able to suggest a particular handset?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

ekcooke
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 28

After many hours of getting no-where and being given a bit of a runaround, the excellent Mark in the TalkTalk SMT has come up with a solution.

We were not told this when we signed up, or when the new kit was installed, but our existing phone is incompatible with the system we now have - a new VOIP phone system is required.  Others experiencing connectivity problems since going to Full Fibre may be in the same situation.

Now to try and find a new system that works for us and with the Grandstream/EERO equipment.  It looks like not all VOIP phones are necessarily compatible with TalkTalk systems......

0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'll need to raise this over to our Faults Escalations Team. Could you re-check and confirm if the telephone number in your Community Profile is correct please as I can't locate your account? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

Michelle

Did you see the reply I posted?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

Done.

Slow flash on the phone icon.  Can make calls, but cannot receive - just cuts off

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

Morning,

We wouldn't be able to call directly as we are only able to provide support via the Community. If you have the eero then you should have a digital voice adapter. I've included a Help Guide below, could you try resetting the adapter please.

Digital Voice Adapter - TalkTalk Help & Support

RESETTING YOUR DIGITAL VOICE ADAPTER

If your Digital Voice adapter or router has stopped working, we may ask you to reset it to check everything's working as intended. To do this:

1. Insert a pin or straightened paper clip into the hole labelled “Reset” on your Digital Voice adapter.
  2. Slightly push and hold it in for up to 20 seconds; or until all the lights, apart from the power light, switch off. Once this happens release the reset button.

Factory reset of the device will take a full 15 minutes and you need to wait until the allotted time has passed for the full factory reset to be completed. After 15 minutes, check your Digital Voice adapter device and try to re-test to check if the issue resolved.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

Support on the forum is online only, @ekcooke, so staff don't phone you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes