cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Moving to an 'altnet' - timing the move of my TalkTalk landline number to VOIP

whodoyouthinkiam
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Moving to an altnet, which so far as I know means I can have both the new FTTP service and the old TalkTalk OpenReach-based one for as long as necessary.

I wanted to check what order I needed to do things to be absolutely sure I can keep my TalkTalk phone number? I want to move it to a VOIP like A&A.

My understanding is if I try to do that now, I lose my whole TalkTalk broadband link? Would I be better off waiting for altnet fibre to be up and running, then do the VOIP transfer from still-live TalkTalk, and only then officially cancel TalkTalk (if it didn't do so automatically by the VOIP transfer)?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Have you placed the order with your new provider asking them to take the number off us?  Ive never heard of that provider, so there could be issues with number porting as there may not be a porting agreement. 

0 Likes

whodoyouthinkiam
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thanks - I split them up because I figured one was about the landline number, and the other about email.

Moving to an ISP called Lightspeed, that runs its own altnet - so I guess the answer to your question is both. I only mentioned it because when reading some responses a move from Openreach FTTC -> Openreach FTTP counts as a "move" of service with an automatic cancellation (and maybe even removal of the copper)?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I have just replied to your other thread. Please can you confirm, are you just moving to an altnet or are you changing to another ISP altogether?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes