cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Phone calls crashing out....

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Today both my phone connection and Internet are dreadful. 

Trying to make important calls to sort out muddles made by utility companies.

The line appears to be fine for a few minutes and then crashes - I literally asked the E.on Next lady if she had dropped her phone. 

We tried on the smartphone and the call suddenly lost wifi calling and crashed too. It simply stopped.

I called back on the landline and got a bit further, but the call collapsed into the equivalent of "snowflakes" on an old telly, i.e. crackle, crackle, crackle. 

It recovered enough to finish what we were trying to do. 

I've been out and about dealing with other jobs and have come back to my router repeatedly losing the Internet connection. 

I can't fall back on Three....

The internet keeps disconnecting. Is something happening with the firmware? Check for repeated loss of connection this morning, please. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @Gliwmaeden2 

This will be related to the fault detected on the line.

Openreach will be working to fix this. As soon as they update the fault ticket then I will let you know.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 9

I got a spell of decent connection for c half an hour at a time listening to radio 4 on Sounds, @Debbie-TalkTalk, but should normally be able to leave it burbling in the background nonstop.

After 9, the dropouts became increasingly frequent again and when there is a speed reading to be got at all, it's very erratic:

1000005817.jpg

Notice that it's sometimes connected enough to show a signal, but too slow to get a speed reading on Ookla:

1000005815.jpg

Or to even find Talktalk:

1000005816.jpg

This, despite pretending to have some sort of connection showing top right on my screen. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi @Gliwmaeden2 

This fault is still with the Openreach line engineers, there are no additional updates at the moment.

I will continue to monitor this.

Thanks

Message 4 of 9

Awful evening. 

Thank goodness my television doesn't depend on the Internet. 

Whoever they sent to the exchange yesterday lunchtime didn't get much done:

1000005805.jpg

I can't even attempt to compile a shopping list without losing the connection after a couple of items.

When it is actually functioning, it's far slower than normal and some web pages don't load in time.

1000005807.jpg

It's also causing the display to scramble, so my name shows here instead of my avatar:

1000005806.jpg

And at times the old phone is fine, while the posh one is showing "connected without Internet". Despite looking like an  OK connection the old phone can't easily load the websites, so it's all rather random. 

Bizarre.....somewhat of a meltdown. 

You'll need to chase this up with Openreach! I don't think I have ever had it quite so utterly dreadful. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

@Debbie-TalkTalk, it's been more off than on all afternoon too.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi @Gliwmaeden2 

Oh good, thanks for letting me know.

I will post back here as soon as Openreach provide an update.

Message 7 of 9

Thanks, @Debbie-TalkTalk.

They sent this message through:

1000005791.jpg

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Gliwmaeden2 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a potential fault so I have passed this straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will continue to monitor for updates.

Thanks

0 Likes