cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Phone constant engaged tone

treedoc1952
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Our landline has  no ringtone but constant engaged tone and we cannot make or receive calls - had full fibre connected a few months ago and no problems until sudden loss of dialling tone yesterday. Any help much appreciated!

treedoc
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hello,

I'm really glad to hear this and thank you for posting back to confirm 🙂

Michelle

treedoc1952
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Thanks for your help, problem is sorted!

treedoc

Message 3 of 9

Good morning,

Latest update: 9:55pm 13th December 2023

Our engineers have identified the problem and are actively working to deploy the fix. We expect this to automatically update on your equipment in the early hours of the morning and your normal service to resume. We sincerely apologise and understand the inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for your patience whilst we have worked to resolve this issue.

Message 4 of 9

Keep checking for updates on Service Status Dashboard. 

Currently:

Screenshot_20231213-171815_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

docrob
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Hi,

Same problem. Phone hasn't been working all day and I've had to do telephone clinics using this line so it has been inconvenient not to have my landline working. I've rebooted and done multiple soft resets but problem persists. I don't want to do a hard reset as will have to set everything up again (and no guarantees it will work from an early post above). So can you let me know a fix where I can keep all the existing settings intact please. Also eero doesn't allow you to back up settings (or does it?) otherwise hard reset would be less painful.

Thanks,

Rob 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi

Our network Teams are looking into this as a priority and as soon as we receive more information we will post back here.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

treedoc1952
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the response - I reset the eero as instructed. When I dialled again, I heard the voicemail message tone. When I dialled 1571 I heard that there were 2 messages, but before I got any further there was a continuous tone and I lost voicemail. When I tried re-dialling I could only hear the engaged tone again. So, back to square 1?

treedoc
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi treedoc1952

We’re aware that some Full Fibre Digital Voice (VoIP) customers are currently unable to make and receive  calls.

Service has been restored, we recommend if you're still being affected, to power down both the eero router and the Grandstream digital voice adapter and use the factory reset pin, this will clear the issue. Our video will show you how to reset your eero.

0 Likes