cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

VoIP dropping out - regularly 😢

Willow27
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I have had many calls just drop off on a fairly regularly basis. Most embarrassing and very very inconvenient. - like yesterday when was on the phone to my doctor!

I have tried other handsets too.

I have the eero 6 hub.

what can I do?

Thanks.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Willow27
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 11

Thanks - will do 👍🏻

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Paul,

That's no problem.  Monitor over the next couple of weeks, and any issues, just get back to us here 🙂

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Willow27
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 11

Hi Karl,

Yes I did do a reset of the DVA and no drop outs since then. 
However, due to the random nature of the previous connection drop outs, I feel that two days with only about 3 calls made, is too soon to say if the problem is cured or not.

I will be more confident in about a fortnight I feel.

Hope that’s ok.

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi

Did you try the reset and did this help ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi,

Yes of course, just post back here. If it is still happening following this then the next step would be to replace the DVA to rule this out. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Incidentally - the Grandstream DVA is reporting no issues as all the lights are solid blue.

However, I’ll still do a factory reset on it as per the instructions.

Ta

Paul.

0 Likes

Willow27
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

Thanks Michelle.

I have done a factory reset before - but some time ago now. So I’m going to do another one and see how things go and report back.

Because of the random nature of the drop outs, I won’t be sure of the result until after a few phone calls - so I won’t be reporting back for maybe a few days.

I’m hoping that will be ok and I can just report back here with the results?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi Willow,

How are you getting on? Did resetting the DVA work?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Willow27 

Thanks for creating a new topic. Have you tried factory resetting the Digital Voice Adapter?

Resetting your Digital voice adapter

If your Digital Voice adapter or router has stopped working, we may ask you to reset it to check everything's working as intended. To do this:

Insert a pin or straightened paper clip into the hole labelled “Reset” on your Digital Voice adapter.
Slightly push and hold it in for up to 20 seconds; or until all the lights, apart from the power light, switch off. Once this happens release the reset button.
Factory reset of the device will take a full 15 minutes and you need to wait until the allotted time has passed for the full factory reset to be completed. After 15 minutes, check your Digital Voice adapter device and try to re-test to check if the issue resolved.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes