Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pop up ad's

3 REPLIES 3
Tedrick2918
Chatterbox

Hi all

Is it me or does it seem that there are getting more and more pop up ad's on every web page ??

I was just trying to view some topics and up they come does get a bit tiresome trying to cancel then to see things ?

King Regards Tedrick
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Tedrick2918 

You can always use a pop-up blocker / ad-blocker as a function of or add-on/extension to the Internet browser.

Bear in mind that some website functions do require pop-ups to function correctly. And some websites will rely on funding from advertising so will not let you see some content if you block adverts.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Tedrick2918
Chatterbox

Thanks for that I have tried to use Chrome blocker after following the instructions but it would not comply just annoying sometimes like on our chat pages thats all

King Regards Tedrick
Gondola
Community Star

...I find that Ghostery ad-blocker is effective as an extension to Chrome.

Search in the Chrome Web Store for Ghostery Privacy Ad-Blocker.  Other ad-blockers are available.

Just remember that you're running a blocker. So when you need to unblock, such as for tracking purchases and on trusted websites you 'trust' the website or pause the blocking functions. Also when you want to LiveChat you allow Live Person URL's. The interface is very flexible.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer