cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Un-engage my engaged landline remotely via online account, when incoming mobile call dropped.

rpd123
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

When people ring me on my landline from a mobile, during the call if it drops, then my landline is left in the engaged state. When they try to ring again, their phone tells them my line is engaged.

So they have to ring me on my mobile to get me to press the red / end call button on my landline handset. After doing so, they can ring me again on my landline as normal.

I would like for it to be possible to de-engage my landline via my online account here at talktalk.co.uk - surely in 2024 with computer telephony integration (CTI) and software-based telephone exchanges, this should be possible?

I'm not looking for an alternative solution - i.e. different telephone arrangement. I want the above suggested idea specifically. I want to keep both my same landline and mobile.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi rpd123,

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the issue but this sounds like normal behaviour, the line will be engaged until you replace the receive or end the call on your handset 

Chris

0 Likes

rpd123
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Added details as requested.  If you want to call me, please call the mobile number given as this will be a relative who will understand the technicalities better than me.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi rpd123

Do you still need help with this?

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

HI rpd123

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes