cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Unable to receive calls obvious line fault

Elsie832024
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20
Line fault unable to receive landline calls for 2 weeks

Line fault unable to receive landline calls for 2 weeks reported REP 13940876. 

Reported yesterday 01/02/2024 updated today to say resolved but problem still persists.. Did online chat  and  phone chat to try and resolve but both were no help. Totally frustrated as this is for my elderly mother who needs the use of her home phone. Are you able to help please ?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi David,

I've replied to your PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @Elsie832024, in the hope that staff can pick it up again today  - otherwise, I am afraid it will be after the weekend before you get a response. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi Chris, following the problems my elderly Mum had recently with a line fault  an  engineer visited  and found a fault on the external phone  line. Because there was an actual fault and it was external to the property the engineer advised that this would not be chargeable. However to her utter shock  my Mum has now received a bill for £75 for the engineers visit. Could you please help with this ?

Thanks David

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

That's great news Elsie, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi Chris, engineer visited this morning and found a fault on the line where it entered the property. He has replaced this part of the line and all seems well.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20
0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

That,s great. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

I've booked the first AM appointment available - February 07 2024, AM -  please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

OK, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Yes that,s fine . Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

OK thanks, we can usually get an appointment for next working day so are you available tomorrow if it's available?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi, yes that's fine I accept potential charges and any day is fine 8am to 1pm.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

OK if you'd like us to book the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Thanks Chris, yes that,s fine.Please proceed with booking an engineer.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

OK thanks. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like me to do this please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. This appears to be an intermittent fault on the line and has been ongoing for about 2 weeks. I have  tried connecting the telephone to the test socket and I have  tried a different telephone handset as well as disconnecting all extension cables etc to leave only the telephone connected to the master socket and the problem persists. Broadband appears to be working ok.

Engineers have been working in the area for a while installing fibre cables so not sure if they may have damaged or changed a connection somewhere.

Grateful for any assistance you can give as this is my elderly mothers only telephone contact.

Dave

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi Elsie,

Line test is picking up a potential problem. Could I just ask, have you tried connecting the telephone to the test socket and have you tried a different telephone handset?

Chris

0 Likes

Elsie832024
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 20

Thank You

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

The support team here will try to help, but please bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday. In the meantime, the only thing I can suggest is that you persevere directly with customer services. 

0 Likes